Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Mapping "Loop out" To Parameter 2 on Numark Mixtrack Pro

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

TMedjoHome userMember since 2015
I want the 2nd parameter on my Mixtrack Pro to turn the knob of the "loop out" function (makes the loop smaller and smaller until it becomes one note" however I cannot figure out how to get this to work. I am a newbie when it comes to VDJ, so I really dont know how to effectively map knobs/buttons. Help would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 11:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
param_greater 50% ? loop 200% : loop 50%

Try that, I'm not certain but I think that'll work

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 11:54 pm
Close! When I enter that, it cuts the loop in half every time i turn it. Keep in mind, I'm BARELY turning the knob, and it'll cut the loop in half. I dont want the loop out to cut in half, i want it to be a smooth transition in and out, like Rob does in the beginning of this song https://soundcloud.com/remasteringdatshit/knife-party-get-fucked=
Any other ideas?

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 12:32 am
More ideas, always.

page doesn't exist, tell me EXACTLY what you want in relation to the in point and the out point and the movement desired.

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 2:50 am
found the page, try this

param_greater 50% ? loop_length +0.125 : loop_length -0.125
The idea has merit, I think it needs to query the length and change the length dynamically, so if loop=4 cut 1 beat, loop=3 cut 3/4 beat, loop2.25= cut 1/2 beat

@Staff
I tried this on a Key, (not exactly what op was asking for)

loop 4 ? loop_length -1 : loop 3 ? loop_length -0.75 : get_loop & param_bigger 2.24 ? loop_length -0.5 : get_loop & param_bigger 1.74 ? loop_length -0.25 : get_loop & param_bigger 1.49 ? loop_length -0.25 : loop

And to determine what was happening with the length I used this custom
set "varLength" '`get_loop' & var_list

So I loop 4 and press the Key, and then press the custom and varLength = 3, so far so good,
I press the key again, and the custom again and varLength = 2147483648.000

What is that reading?

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 4:47 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Max number for 32bit signed integer.

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 5:13 am
Well spotted, this must be some kind of bug then, maybe.

Actually isn't that number +1? Close! XD

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 5:38 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You are right. It's not the max. it's the min value.
The leading sign is missing.

Whenever one of these numbers appears it's not a good sign. Most likely it's a bug, yes.

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 9:25 am
I entered this "param_greater 50% ? loop_length +0.001 : loop_length -0.001" And it's closer to what I was going for. I want the increments to be small when the loop is really really small, and the increments to be greater when the loop is bigger. Is there anyway to make the equation exponential/logarithmic?

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 2:29 pm
That's where I was going when I ran into the anomaly, there appears to be a bug finding out the length of a loop (in beats,) when the length isn't a whole number. There's probably a way round it but I can't think.

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 5:38 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
That might be a nice effect mapped to a button.
I'm confused over the loop out thing, that implies a fade?

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:53 pm
Tis why I'm pondering it, but sadly loop is measure in integers not as a float it appears.

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 7:11 pm
I'm thinking I might like this effect if we could create it. I'm not sure I have the right idea. I see it as a button that starts with a fixed loop size (4 bar?) on beat, and then it keeps on halving until the button is released. In the past I have tried to do this manually with a half loop button but it's lumpy. Maybe an effect would smooth out the lumps..echo?
We don't want a fade do we? Just release the button and off the tune goes again?
This has got me going, I not very good on effects, what's a loop roll?
There's an effect I want hanging around here, but I'm out at work later so I don't want to get out my gear to experiment.

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 7:22 am
When TMedjo says loop out, I think he means the loop out point (I prefer loop end as a name)

*Veering Off Topic*

There is loop in roll mode which is a while pressed interpretation of looping while in slip mode.
Then there's the loop roll FX (one of my most used FX), which works in possible 2 ways, way 1 - pressing the buttons (1/16 etc) and it works exactly like loop in roll mode (while pressed loop slipped), the other way is manipulating the FX dial and turning the FX on and off manually, which works exactly like looping in slip mode. (press on press off)

Why do we have this FX you may ponder, what can it do that can't be done other ways? The great thing about the FX is that it is separate to the looping action so you could set a normal loop (say 8) and then you can use the FX to mash it up.

*Back On Topic*

Hopefully a member of staff can answer, is it possible to get a loop length as a float measured in beats? (some sort of script round trip) If not, could it be...?

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 8:14 am
It's a load of messing but cue points with loops attached, and perhaps echo could achieve this effect. Once done it would be possible to kind of copy from track to track.

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 8:39 am
I think we're thinking different ideas.

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 8:59 am
cue point loop 8 - cue point loop 4 - cue point loop 2 - cue point loop 1 - cue point loop 1/2 and so on......with heavy loop over the top. I might have misunderstood.

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 9:50 am
I mean heavy echo over the top.

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 11:02 am
If you listen to the sound cloud link I posted, you'll hear what I'm talking about.

Mensajes Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 1:43 pm
It's just dawned on me you could use a % multiplier

param_greater 50% ? loop_length 101.0% : loop_length 99.0%

Mensajes Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 10:48 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)