Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Radio style mix (segue)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I don't use Automix, but could really do with a way of letting VirtualDJ play through a playlist of songs, but 'mixing' them in the way a radio station does - a segue, rather than a mix. I'd like the option of the next song coming in at the end of the previous song, ie, when the volume drops below a certain level, but with the next song starting at full volume, and then the previous song fading out.

It would be very useful for use during meals/during background music etc. I wouldn't want any form of beat matching and for the BPM to be left alone.

Would this be possible? Software like StationPlaylist, SAM Broadcaster and OTS DJ do this really well.

Is it possible within the current software, or any possibility of it in the future please?

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 7:38 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
did you tested the various automix/ fade settings VirtualDJ offers ?

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 7:55 am
i use vdj for broadcsting my radio station online with live365 , and yes that feature would be nice to have i have used all the automix settings and none of them do the fade like a radio station would. i would like to see vdj enhance the broadcast feature with more options example additional encoders for mutiple broadcasting on servers, maybe even a audio processor plug in cause the audio setting differ in broadcasting then doing a gig there are users now using vdj to run there stations

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 10:06 am
I have forwarded your request to the dev team, but i am not sure if or when they can have a look on it.
They are very busy ... ( as usual :-)

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 2:52 pm
Hi,

Yes, I did try all of the Automix settings, and they either overlap songs too much, or fade between the two too quickly. The biggest issue is the use of the crossfader for the "automix" - which is fine when mixing - but it's totally unnecessary for a "radio type" segue. All that should happen is during the fade out of a song, or at the end of an ending song, the next song should come in at full volume, with the outgoing song then faded out over a set length of time, eg, 3 seconds.

Here is how I would like the segue to sound. As you can hear, the next track comes in when the music from the last song drops below a certain dB.

http://bit.ly/1b3SjCd

And here's the settings you get in Station Playlist - gives an idea of how it works:

Mensajes Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 12:36 pm
Hi RobRoy

Out of interest, was there any feedback from the Dev team?

I appreciate they are very busy, so know the implementation won't be immediate, but would be useful to know if it made it on to the list to be developed, or if the idea was rejected.

It would be a massive plus for me - at the moment, the only saving grace for Virtual DJ is that it offers me integration with my DMX. Without that, I would have moved away.

Not every DJ mixes, so a feature that enables it to be in auto without mixing I'm confident would be very popular.

Mensajes Tue 12 May 15 @ 7:21 am

Mensajes Tue 12 May 15 @ 8:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)