Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Wedding DJ's - How are you powering your Up Lights? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I didnt have too much of this issue last year, but this year I'm doing some weddings at venues that dont have evenly spread out power outlets for me to plug my Par Uplights into. I thought about getting some battery operated ones, but I have 14 par's I use that are perfect for uplighting and have no plans to buy any more. So, that being said, I need to figure out a way to supply power to them. I was thinking about something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/52-5ft-16-Gauge-Up-Lighting-Multi-Outlet-Distribution/dp/B00JPDTCJS/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_1_dp

Anyone use anything like that or have a better solution for supplying power? What do most of you usually use? Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 11:16 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a 18 pcs of Chauvet Slimpars. The power is daisy-chainable... just like the DMX.
Something to look forward once you plan of upgrading.

:)

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 5:31 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Do you put your lights 5 feet apart, or are they in different spots around the room?
What kind of lights do you currently have?

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 5:54 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you have the skill, for ease of use I'd add another IEC socket (female) to the can, so you can daisy chain different lengths of cable between units (male in, female out). That's assuming you have already have an IEC socket on the can and is not a length of flex coming out with a plug on the end.

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 8:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Electricity

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 10:00 pm
blckjck wrote :
Do you put your lights 5 feet apart, or are they in different spots around the room?
What kind of lights do you currently have?

They're about 4 to 5 feet from each other. And they're just no name Ebay flat par lights from China. I know, I know...that's bad, but I got all 14 of them in a complete package for only $120, and they're 18 watts with 6 channel DMX, that are extremely bright and have worked flawlessly the 12+ times I've used them last year. So I cant complain at all about them.

They don't have power outlets to daisy chain so that's out for me, and I wouldnt want to try and cut them open to put new outlets in (not quite that skilled). I guess I'll just get a couple of those multi-outlet extension cords I posted in the original post and that should be 100% fine for my needs.

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 7:13 am
I just use twin extension leads , plug the first one in the power socket then plug the first light in one of the sockets and the next extension lead in the other socket and so on , this I have found to be the easiest and there are no overloading issues as the Led lights don't draw much power and you can easily run 14 you have off just off one power outlet.

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 7:55 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Visionz have you a link for those lights, I just love bargains and I'll think I could use these as a back up.

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 8:51 am
Not any more. I bought all 14 in the package last January (2014), and the ebay store isnt up any longer. But what's funny is a friend of mine has Chauvet par's and mine are actually brighter than his. He paid about $65 a piece for his and has 10 of them. I paid $120 for 14 of them all together. lol

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 9:28 am
It does look like that are a bunch of the same ones though all over Ebay for $20-22 each though, so you could get a bunch of them and still save money versus buying name brand ones like Chauvet.

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 9:33 am

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 9:50 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Got 2of them,I wire up my DMX cabe & 1ft power cords to the EXplug ..uplighting set up TIME with 7lights....under 5min..

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 10:36 am

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:04 pm
edHome userMember since 2015
I suggest 15ft tri tap extension cords. Use one between each light, plug in the light, and then plug in another extension cord. It gives you more flexibility than a MOX cord (Multi-Outlet Extension Cord). Even using PAR38 traditional cans we can run more than 10 per circuit (actually for us, it was closer to 25). If you're doing more than 15 feet between fixtures then you should have another outlet to plug into or you should look at other options.

The other advantage is that all the cords are the same so no searching for a specific length and they can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:28 pm
Looks good, Calvin.

Mensajes Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:14 pm
battery powered

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 10:40 pm

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 2:31 pm

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 5:20 pm
Partyman wrote :
The easy way that no one is telling you about is "add a Tap" http://www.lighttrader.com/prodcat/Female-AddATap-Brown.asp
Rusty

Those appear to be a two prong wire piercing connector. I would never recommend those to any one.
The fire and electrocution risk with that is great. It is also not legal to bypass or remove the grounding terminal on a cord. You would also have to remove part of the existing jacket on a power cable to pierce the conducting wires.

Mensajes Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 11:23 pm
SBeloitBadBoy wrote :
I recently ran into the same problem! Not every venue is created equal! & May not have enough power outlets that are evenly spaced! So this multi outlet extension cord will be your best friend! Roughly around $60-70 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Power-Multi-Outlet-Distribution-Outlets/dp/B00P2SDEA8/ref=pd_sim_60_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51YvjQpVNgL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1ZKNK4SEZBSJ2Z3R903J

I bought 2 more of these and now have 3 total. Even the largest venues, I can wrap them all the way around the area just about and put the lights anywhere that is needed. They work out great!

Next up is to invest in some good wireless DMX options so I can control them all via my Chauvet controller, versus having to program the lights on their LCD menus before hand.

Mensajes Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 12:59 pm
91%