Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pione XDJ-RX

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Do any of you guys have this? If so how does it perform with VDJ?

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 5:28 pm
Is it not built exclusively for rekordbox?

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 6:13 pm

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 6:57 pm
MrMac84 wrote :
Is it not built exclusively for rekordbox?

No, it's a media player (USB/Rekordbox) and a midi controller (which I believe VDJ supports)

What I like about it:
onboard back-up (in the event of laptop failure)
the large screen with browser and waveforms, does VDJ work with the screen?
The mixer has Pioneer hardware FX, again assuming these work even in midi/HID mode?
It's no bigger than the DDJSX, so pretty portable.

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 7:37 pm

Hopefully we'll hear from a teamer about the possibility of having this product fully supported, and in that case is it possible for the screen to work? And is it possible to keep the mixer in hardware mode and use the Pioneer FX with VDJ?

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 8:48 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Again - the device does not has the abillity to control the displays from other Software than Recordbox.

This is doen by the Firmware ! - So as long as they did not release a new one with the abillity to controll LEDs and displays there is nothing Atomix or the Team could do.

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 11:27 pm
Hi Heiko.

Has anyone at atomix requested Pioneer to update the firmware so the device can be supported natively? I'm sure they'd see the benefit of that.

For a mobile DJ who wants a fairly compact, all in one, with a back-up option (usb) and Pioneers great effects...I'd see this unit would be a nice upgrade to Denons MC6000, a lot would see the benefits of having one.

Mensajes Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 1:02 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
i´m quite sure that Pioneer is aware of this, but as every manufacturer they have their own point of view and priorities.
Hopefully time will tell.

Mensajes Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 1:17 pm

I'm going to the Pioneer forum to start the lobbying process, will invite you guys to join me :)

Mensajes Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 7:06 pm
Post the link here, and I'll join in the shouting ;-)

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 1:18 pm
This is my take. Pioneer knows who we are, as they have been partners for years. If they wanted to release the firmware, they would have. This is a business move. They are trying to push their software first. What is so hard to understand about that? It's no different then Virtual DJ bundling the LE version with most of the controllers on the market. I don't know what their timeline is, but they have one. They know that they will sell a lot more controllers, with the firmware update. These people are not stupid. You can lobby them, but trust me, you are not telling them anything that they don't already know. There is one thing that I know, no controller maker ignores Virtual DJ.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 1:44 pm
Wise words! I just wish they would hurry up..... The RX is a very nice piece of kit but I'm finding it annoying to use with VDJ at the moment, knowing it is capable of so much more.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 5:52 pm
So you have this unit already? I can understand your frustration.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 8:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even though Pioneer indeed made their decision not to implement full MIDI functionality in the firmware, apparently to promote Rekordbox, they still have to think that they advertise that the unit is MIDI compatible.
I dont think that there is any other unit in the market at the moment that offers only MIDI IN (no Leds). If they indeed want to separate this product from all the others and strictly promote Rekordbox and old-fashioned mixing methods, they need to remove "MIDI compatible" from the features of the unit or else they miss-lead the market itself.

I would strongly advise to stand up and let Pioneer know that the Pope is in Vatican and not in Japan !

Mensajes Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 7:29 am
YES!

I have this unit :-) It IS awesome standalone and the layout is really nice. The main frustration for me is the lack of LED support when controlling VDJ; everything else is useable, including scratch functions (thanks to PhantomDeejay for the mapping!). This is one reason why my skin is graphically very similar in layout, especially the CDJs, so the pads are more accessable in midi mode. Surely its just a matter of time, this issue MUST be hurting their sales.....

Mensajes Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 7:45 am

Exactly it's highly misleading when they have Midi listed under features, I had to cancel my order as soon as I learned that it doesn't work properly/full in midi mode.

It's fine they're pushing Recorkbox, that's one of the reasons why I want this unit! I want to use it standalone AND I want to be able to connect it to VDJ, and It'd be all the better if the hardware FX still worked whilst in midi mode!

Pioneer are a nightmare for drip feeding their features and product updates...

Mensajes Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 8:02 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)