Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Opinions on best external drive for mobile DJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm thinking of picking up some LaCie rugged external drives. Thoughts on these? USB 3.0 vs. Thunderbolt? HDD vs. SSD? Or would there be a rugged option better than LaCie? I need at least 500GB. Thanks!

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 11:48 am
I don't use these drives, but my friends swear by them. I'm not sure how they rate them, unless they are dropping them constantly. I don't think you could go wrong with them. I believe most portable drives are capable of being.........portable. I'm not throwing my drives around, so they have worked well for me. If you need 500g, get 1tb for the future.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 12:05 pm
I've used LaCie drives before and never had any problems with them at all but like A Man & His Music said above I've never thrown mine about to test if it breaks or not !! Also agree go for the biggest size you can afford as 500g is not that much these days.

On the speed issue I suppose you have to look at SSD but very pricey !!

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 6:59 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I always buy a new improved HDD for my laptop, and put the old one in a suitable USB case.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:26 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
For External Hard Drives, I've always trusted Western Digital.
They always add 1TB every year from their recent model which is very useful to my Music Video Subscription (I started with 1TB and now using 4TB).

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 1:43 pm
ssd can withstand any shock that doesn't crack the board inside so they are pretty durable in that sense but expensive if u need a lot of space

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 4:18 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My thought is you can get 3 regular 1tb external drives for the price of 1 1tb SSD.
Then you would have a backup with you and one at home. I've never had a speed issue with a standard external. I don't think the SSD is worth the price for an external at this time.

Some people are concerned about using bus powered drives. If you have a bus powered controller, and use other devices on the USB bus, it may be something for you to think about.
I use a 1tb WD My Passport Ultra USB3.0 bus powered drive as a backup that travels with me. And, a 3tb WD My Book for my backup at home.
I do have a few devices running on my bus, so I use a powered USB3 hub. The external drive, 2 capture cards, my Audio 6 (on bus power), my Dennon HC1000, and a wireless hotspot all run on the hub.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 4:50 pm
I decided to go with the LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt 1TB HDD. Thanks as always for the input guys!

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 11:37 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)