Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Can I get a video INPUT on my Notebook ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello, I'm looking for a solution and I don't know if it's even possible (with a notebook).

At the moment I use VDJ on a notebook to play music and I have a second notebook with Arkaos Mediamaster installed to control my KlingNet LED light fixtures / LED devices.
I want to buy a led pixelscreen and that screen is also controlled by MediaMaster software.
I like the milkdrop and the Video samples / drops from VDJ8 triggered with my pads so I really want the video output from VDJ to display on the led screen trough Mediamaster.

I believe this is possible with a desktop machine that has the possibility for multiple videocards / inputs, but I want it on my notebook.

Who can tell me if this setup is possible? (See picture)

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 9:04 am
PS: Both notebooks are Windows based...

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 9:06 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I believe what you are looking for is a capture card.
I've been using two Hauppauge USB-Live 2 capture devices for some time now.
These are s-video/composite interfaces. I have not gone for HDMI input yet.
I have heard comments about some HDMI input devices only working with their software so beware of that when your looking.
I use these with VDJ8, TellyMedia plugins, Skype, and with two different laptops.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 9:37 am
A capture device is used to bring an input into a computer. Why not have both softwares on one computer? The notebooks can't run both at the same time? Why does the computer with the lighting software have to be connected to the screen?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 11:44 am
blckjck wrote :
.......I've been using two Hauppauge USB-Live 2 capture devices for some time now......

Thanks! Will look into that. It doesn't have to be exactly HDMI, so other options are ok too.

A Man and His Music wrote :
Why not have both softwares on one computer? The notebooks can't run both at the same time?

No, the MediaMaster software needs to control (read: overrules) the video and sound card of the computer. VDJ (and my Pioneer controller) crashes when MediaMaster is used on the same computer.

A Man and His Music wrote :
Why does the computer with the lighting software have to be connected to the screen?

See above and:
it's hard work a whole evening managing MediaMaster and Freestyler for lighting. So I have a colleague that controls the "light" notebook the whole evening so I can concentrate on the music and crowd.

Because I now figured out how to use the Freestyler plugin, the next step is control (put video trough) MediaMaster from VDJ.
That's why I'm now looking for routing the VDJ video to the MediaMaster software so I can use the milkdrop plugin, slideshows, videomixing etc myself from VDJ instead of giving a colleague a hard night work.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 2:30 am
Well, I can see the apeal for Kling-Net
Is it as easy to plug and play as the videos say?

Even projecting in HD, I have not had people notice that my capture device was not HD. I always have it's video in a window surrounded by stuff so I'm not trying to scale it bigger then it's native resolution. I don't think that would be an issue with pixel mapping anyway.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 8:23 am
blckjck wrote :
Well, I can see the apeal for Kling-Net
Is it as easy to plug and play as the videos say?

Plug and play ;) Just plug in the network cable in your laptop en the other end in the KlingNet fixture. Done!
MediaMaster recognizes all the Kling fixtures on the network.

In this case, the led pixel screens are controlled by a seperate video controller, but the the MediaMaster software also recognizes the seperate video controller, so I can use the MediaMaster for controlling my Kling devices AND my led pixel video screens at the same time.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 8:38 am
Is this a permanent install?
Would ART-Net work?
I'm only asking to help try and find a solution. Wondering if you can do it all in freestyler.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 8:43 am
blckjck wrote :
Is this a permanent install?

Nope. Mobile DJ

blckjck wrote :
Would ART-Net work?

In this case, I know my KlingNet fixtures are 100% KlingNet and not ART-net. Also I believe with ART-Net you have to have VERY expensive ART-Net control devices / network devices.
MediaMaster can use ART-Net, but the LED pixel video screens have to be controlled by a seperate Novastar video controller.

blckjck wrote :
I'm only asking to help try and find a solution. Wondering if you can do it all in freestyler.

Ask what you want. Every question can lead to a helpful answer or (new) idea.
Freestyler can not control my KlingDevices with the sunray of ledtrix options. Already tried that ;)

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 8:48 am
Unfortunately my knowledge and experience stop at DMX. I only have a rough overview of the other tech.

My productions are not big enough yet to get into LED matrix walls and stuff yet.
I incorporated DMX and more projection stuff last year. This year I've been working on show layouts and Freestyler control from VDJ. This does interest me for a future path.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 9:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)