Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: load point vs hot cue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there!

I am trying to get a better understanding of the POI editor. I would like to have some songs directly jump to a load point when loaded, but not all other songs that just have hot cue points.

When I set a "load point" in the POI editor this only works when "autoCue" is set to "cue". However then all other songs that have hot cue points are loaded a the first hot cue point. This is not what I want.

So whats the use of "load points" anyway, if they work like hot cue points. Or is there something I dont see?

Thanks for enlightment...

Mensajes Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 4:56 pm
ok load the song. once its loaded click on the wave file , now it will open poi editor now you can see the poi and the cues you can set the points to be and act any way you like. as a loading point and or a cue point or visible and or marker only. poi can be mapped to be a auto looping point I watched a youtube video on setting poi and also how to set it as a auto loop and more. cue points i used as they are mapped to a controller I have . in setting you can set to show all the poi markers or not. it will tell you where all the points are in the song. its a little annoying if you arent into that.

Mensajes Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 6:57 pm
Thanks but that didnt really answer my question. I know how to set a load point, or hot cue etc in the POI editor. But the load point only seems to work when in options "autocue" is set to cue. And then all songs load at their first hotcue. Again, this is not what I wanted.

So if this behaviour is intended, then why is there a "load point" at all, a hot cue would do it.

Mensajes Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 2:25 am
I'll have to look when I get some time at home. I have Cue points set and I have load points set on a few songs and I use to run into the same problem. I did something to change this I'm pretty sure and every song I load starts at the beginning unless I have set a load point on it. If I remember to look I'll come back and let you know.

Mensajes Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 10:55 am
So is there anybody at all using Load Points successfully?

Mensajes Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 8:35 pm
Sorry I haven't taken a look yet but when I use a load point I normally have cue points set up in the song anyway. So I used the load point as an invisible marker for the song. I use them on songs that have a skit or talking in the beginning of them instead of burning up a cue point.

Mensajes Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 9:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The load point works fine when autocue is set to skip silence for me as well. It doesn't have to be on cue.

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 7:00 am
The reason I dont use "skip silence" is that it actually doesnt do what the name says. I have some quiet songs that start with very soft ambient sounds, and the "skip silence" setting cuts the first seconds off. So it does not only cut the silence but also very soft sounds too.

It would make sense that "load points" work independently from the auto cue setting, no?

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 8:07 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)