Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What's in a name?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Its pride, its confidence and its says you love me. I am referring to recent releases of DJ controllers where VDJ competitors are proud to put their money where their mouth is .."logo" on the controller. Someone said always used the software that comes in the box with the controller because you would have less headache as compared to having to tweak controllers' settings etc to work with other software.
When are going to see a Controller that has an VDJ default skin with VDJ logo?

Mensajes Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 4:18 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You have already seen this with the denon mc6000 version 1 which had a vdj logo. However having said that you are looking at this a bit wrong. Those hardware manufacturers and not putting logos on the controllers because they "want to" or because they are "proud of" it's because it's simply part of the contract with those hardware vendors. In other words they "have to" or "agreed to".

Mensajes Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 12:17 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The Denon was only shipped with a VDJ logo in the US version of the controller.
The EU version had/ has a Traktor logo on it.

Mensajes Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 12:24 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJ Cyder wrote :
.........simply part of the contract with those hardware vendors. In other words they "have to" or "agreed to".

Correct, because of contract and contract is money spent.

Mensajes Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 2:08 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Mensajes Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 4:28 pm
PachN wrote :
The Denon was only shipped with a VDJ logo in the US version of the controller.
The EU version had/ has a Traktor logo on it.

I think I have VDJ logo on both my mc6000 mk1 and bought in Sweden.

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 4:24 pm
The MC6000 Mk1 came with VDJ in the USA and Traktor in Europe. It has both logos on it.

My DDJ-SX2 has a large Serato logo on the front but nobody notices. In fact the last person to ask me which software I use was probably last year!

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 4:44 pm
I just use the controller that works best for me. I don't care what others use, and can afford any controller on the market. I love the MC6000, but the buttons are giving me a headache, and only use for my mobile gigs. I will not buy the MK2, as it loss a lot of functionality, that I liked about the first one, and believe the same buttons were used. I just may send it back for repair. I use the Hercules RMX2 for my club work, with the Launchpad S, and Pioneer RMX 1000. Personally the name means nothing, if it doesn't work for me. I love the SZ, but it is too big for the club. The SX2 is the right size, but lacks some of the functionality I want. I was actually thinking about buying the SZ for mobile, and SR for the club, but would still not have the things that I need. Denon needs to make a MK3. They could make it bigger, bring back the eq on the booth and the 2 buttons they took away, and add some performance pads. So, if I went for the name, I would have a Pioneer controller that did not work for me, and another software that also does not work for me. On the other hand, the name can make a difference in quality. You typically get what you pay for. I actually have a Behringer CMD micro controller on my desk, but that is not a brand I want when it comes to my money making gigs.

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 7:30 pm
What are you missing on the Sx2 + launchpad + rmx 1000
what a hercules + launchpad + rmx 1000 is able to provide?

Mensajes Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 8:39 am
I was not comparing those two, sorry if I gave that impression. I'm comparing the MC6000 to the SX2. Ideally, I would like just one controller to do both club and mobile work. The SX2 would not work for me in my mobile work, because I need 2 mics. If it had 2 mics I would have bought the first one. Yeah, I could learn to switch the button on the faders, but for that kind of money, I should not have too. The Denon provides that, with 3 band eq on each one. The SZ solves that for me, but it will not fit in my club, so I still need another controller. I won the Hercules at a DJ convention in Vegas. Before that, I would not have spent my money on a Hercules product. Since using it, I would buy one if they had all the features that I want. There pads have lasted longer than the MC6000. I also us it when I have a two setup function. The truth is, I don't need any of the big controllers to rock the house, I just want them, because it would make my performance easier. The MC6000 could have been the controller that fit both my needs, but the bad play and headphone cue pads prevent me from using in the club. I'm patient, and believe there will be a SZ2 coming and will jump on it for my mobile work.

Mensajes Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 8:18 pm
I doubt a SZ2 will be any smaller.
but yes, the 2 mics are a very big point when it comes to mobile DJs. That is why many german vdj users still stick with the denon.

Mensajes Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 8:35 pm
I know the SZ2 will be the same size, so I will use it for mobile work only. I may bite the bullet and send the Denon in, but it will have to wait till November. At the moment it looks kind of slow.

Mensajes Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 8:41 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)