Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Need My Fellow DJ's Opinion/Advice

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a big car show to DJ at our local Lake this Saturday. And I can't decide on which set up to use/take. Right now I have a set of Yamahas DSR115's & DSR112's. I take the 15's to bigger gigs & 12's to smaller gigs. Anyhoo. Its gonna be out doors & I can't decide on two 15's up on poles & one 18" sub in front of my table.(I only have one sub) or two 15's in the ground & the two 12's up on poles behind the 15's as in run all four cause I want it loud ???? Suggestions, advice,opinions welcome

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 11:43 pm
I would run all 4 tops on tripods 15 and 12 per side and the sub nearby !

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 12:31 am
yeah all four on poles...engine noise is might drown you out so set them poles high....and one sub might not carry you...depend on the engine noise.

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 1:31 pm
The car shows that I have done, there's no noise. There may be a car on here and there, but for the most part, it's show and no tell. Also, the cars are the show, you are just background. When you say big, are we talking about 100 or 1000 cars? How many people? If you go in blazing hot, trying to cover the whole place, you will be too loud for those closest to you. Another thing to consider, is this a 50s and 60s type show or a ballers car show? Where am I going to setup, in the middle or at the end? Like most things we do, it really is not simple. I would need to know all the variables, before I decide, but I would still maintain a background persona unless I'm also the MC. It's a car show, not a club.

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 9:43 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
As AMaHM said, background sound, PA for announcements. My best piece of advice is, get your cabinets as high in the air as you can. That way, you're not powering through the guests, you are throwing sound over their head. You'd be surprised how little power you need, when you're not trying to push sound though the human body.

Mensajes Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 11:02 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)