Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: virtual DJ 8 will not save sampler volume setting or efx settings like flange, flipping double etc.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

macnitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
virtual DJ 8 will not save sampler volume setting or efx settings like flange, flipping double etc.

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 11:17 am
Numerous users have asked repeatedly for Atomix to allow the sampler volumes to stay where they're put (a la VDJ 7).

So far, no joy.

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 5:50 pm
Also would be nice if the samples were muted in the monitors (headphones)

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 4:35 pm
Why would you want that? Surely the idea is to hear what's being played?

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 5:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
Numerous users have asked repeatedly for Atomix to allow the sampler volumes to stay where they're put (a la VDJ 7).

So far, no joy.

Not entirely true.......
If you adjust the gain of each sample in the sample editor then this is remembered.

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 5:23 pm
Yeah but that's the gain, not the volume.

Are you suggesting that rather than adjust the volume of each sample to where we need it on a per track basis, we edit/adjust/save the gain each time, every time?

As has been pointed out before, the decks have gains and volume controls - and the volume controls stay where they're left.

We're not expected to adjust and save the tracks gain when we want to adjust deck volume. So why can't the sampler volumes be made to behave in the same way?

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 5:34 pm
I'm not a developer so I don't know what would be involved.

I was just suggesting an alternative to the OP as you chose not to mention it.

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 6:05 pm
The OP raised the issue of the sample volumes not saving.

Saving the gain is not the same thing. It's a work around rather than a solution.

Why do we have to save the sampler gains anyway? If we adjust the deck gains, we don't get asked if we want to save it....

The way in which the sampler (gain/volume) works is not consistent with how the decks and mixer work. They're audio sources, in the same s/w. They should work in the same way.

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 6:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is consistent. Volume is not saved just like on the decks. But you do have autogain to even out differences per track, or even the option to remember the gain per track.

If you would change it every single time anyway, why would it matter that it is saved?
But if you change it to the same value every single time, then just make that change using the gain.

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 8:47 pm
Adion wrote :
It is consistent

If I set the volume fader for deck 1 to half way, what happens when I load a new track to that deck? Nothing. The volume fader stays where it is. It doesn't reset.

On the other hand, if I move a sample volume to half way, what happens if I switch to another bank, then back? The sample volume for that slot is reset back to max. This is not the same as the way the main mixer works. In other words, it's not consistent.

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 9:23 pm
+1

Exactly right - would be neat to have "corrected"

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 9:34 pm
i very much liked this feature in ver 7 i thought it would hv been remembered i miss it in vdj 8 and i hv way more samples now .....to adjust them all everytime i open program is a big task

Mensajes Tue 31 Jul 18 @ 5:09 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)