Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Poor video record quality, jerky playback.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have tried audio/video recording in all quality modes and both formats, they all push the CPU to overload levels. I am running a Dell Precision M6500 laptop with 8 gigs of Ram and an i5 Dual Core processor configured with 4 logical cores. It is also running Windows 10. The laptop has no problem running a projector, VDJ8 and a Visualization program all at the same time. Only the record mode pushes the CPU into the red. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem? I would very much like to record some of my gigs to use as a demo.

Mensajes Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 3:20 pm
You never mentioned what graphics card your using.

In my opinion it makes a difference.

Mensajes Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 8:24 pm
The card is the NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics with 1GB DDR3 dedicated memory.

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 4:20 am
I'm not familiar with that card but I'm using an Nvidia 745 with 2 gigs a ram and my machine does har the I7 in it.

Can you test on another machine with higher specs then what your using now??

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 8:03 pm
No, I am sorry, I don't have another machine available to me. I am no video card or computer expert by any means, but I am not sure why the video card would be involved in recording. It's job as I understand it is to run the Display attached to it on behalf of the CPU, not record data to disk. As I explained, the display works fine, even while it is being recorded, but the CPU usage indicator on VDJ8 shows usage going into the red no matter what quality level or recording format is selected. Perhaps, my core i5 is not fast enough to do everything at once or is it possible that the code doing the writing has a bug in it or needs to be optimized?

Mensajes Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 4:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to enable 'useDXVA' in options. That way some of the work of decoding the video is done by your gpu instead of the cpu, leaving more cpu power left to do the recording.

Mensajes Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 4:49 am
I am pretty sure this is a Virtual DJ issue but everyone is blaming it on the graphic card. I have suffered with this problem for quite a long time and have done everything possible to try to fix it to no avail. I bought a pc with Intel i5, 8GB of RAM with Intel HD Graphic 4400 and I have read all comments on how to improve the quality of intel graphics and it works well with other applications except Virtual DJ when recording videos. I have tried every format but the video is not smooth, VDJ uses a lot of CPU while recording between 78-83%. This laptop I am talking about cost me over 1000 Euros.
After reading several comments here, I thought maybe the Intel HD Graphic 4400 is not good for Virtual DJ, last week end I bought another laptop with NVidia GeForce GT 630M with 1024 MB DDR3 dedicated memory and maximized it to used Virtual DJ but still getting the same behavior with the Intel HD Graphics 4400. The CPU is still at the same percentage while recording Videos. It is more than a year I complained about this issue here and since then have been trying to solve it and also hoping some updates might come to fix this issue but virtual dj keeps blaming it on graphic cards.
Do I need to spend so much a fortune just to get a computer that will run virtual dj smoothly? When buying the laptop with NVidia gt 630M, I thought my issue will be solved.
If Virtual DJ is incapable of solving this issue, they should let us know to invest in another DJ Software than wasting so much time on this.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 1:56 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
At present video recording is a CPU intensive task. The suggestion above was the by using DXVA you can pass the decoding to the GPU to free up more CPU for encoding. This will obviously only really make a difference if you're using a decent amount of CPU just for playback as is the case with some lower end Intel cards.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 1:58 pm
SBDJ wrote :
At present video recording is a CPU intensive task. The suggestion above was the by using DXVA you can pass the decoding to the GPU to free up more CPU for encoding. This will obviously only really make a difference if you're using a decent amount of CPU just for playback as is the case with some lower end Intel cards.

Thanks SBDJ for the response. I tried what Adion suggested but noticed no difference. Actually when on video playback the CPU consumption is between 7.1% and 9% but when I hit the video recording button it moves to 78-83% and I am sure that is what causes the video not to record smoothly. I am really getting frustrated with this issue.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 2:22 pm
When your recording what are you running, fx's, equipment used, what resolution are you trying to record at, etc,etc,.

I have an i7 with an Nvidia crad with 2 gigs of its own ram and I have about 7 different things plugged in as far as USB and Midi go.

I can record hour long sets with a ton of stuff running and the only time I run into trouble is when I use MilkDrop. Other then that VDJ records just fine.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 3:57 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
When your recording what are you running, fx's, equipment used, what resolution are you trying to record at, etc,etc,.

I have an i7 with an Nvidia crad with 2 gigs of its own ram and I have about 7 different things plugged in as far as USB and Midi go.

I can record hour long sets with a ton of stuff running and the only time I run into trouble is when I use MilkDrop. Other then that VDJ records just fine.

Good for you beatbreaker1, I have not been lucky with Virtual DJ. I tried so many resolutions 1280x720, 1080x720 etc. and also without controller and nothing plugged into my laptop but could not get any smooth video. As I say, Virtual DJ alone consumes lots of CPU when recording video.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 4:56 pm
And nobody is saying it doesn't, hell do a Google search with my name and VDJ recording and you'll see I've been screaming about this for years!!

I have just recently switched back to using VDJ for recording because I'd just use Bandicam because it used a lot less CPU then VDJ.

So yeah I'm kinda on your side here......... If VDJ wants to stop the dilemma then they should record how Mix Emergency does, NOTHING records better then that program unless you use some sort of DVR.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 5:05 pm
[quote=beatbreaker1]
I have just recently switched back to using VDJ for recording because I'd just use Bandicam because it used a lot less CPU then VDJ.
quote]

Could you please explain to me how to use Bandicam with Virtual DJ.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 5:17 pm
Hello to everyone, I am the person who originally opened this particular complaint. I have tried a little recording since the last update to 8.1 and the recording quality does seem to have improved a bit. However, it is still using an enormous amount of CPU. All four logical cores are being topped out on my Core i5 processor and it does appear that some frames are still being dropped, though not as badly as before. I would hope that it is possible to do some work on the coding to further improve the efficiency of the process. It goes without saying that not being able to generate a quality demo for prospective clients is not helping either VDJ or me. I am going to try some of the screen recording software that was suggested to see if it will do a better job. Up to this point, I have been very happy with VDJ, but I am tempted to see if Serato can do better.

Mensajes Fri 25 Dec 15 @ 8:17 pm
im still getting the choppy recording also . has anyone figured it out yet ? i5 8 g of ram on a small intel hd graphics 5500 video card . any suggestions?

Mensajes Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 4:56 pm

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 6:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)