Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Thinking about getting myself a Christmas present...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
V7 Pro User here on Sony VAIO lappy (with 700Gb HDD).
Thinking about replacing the HDD with a 500gb SSD (internal).
Looking for testimonials from people. Did you do it? Is the performance that much better?
Is it difficult to clone the drive?
Just curious to hear from people who've done it...
Doug

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 3:11 pm
You should notice a significant speed difference, especially on start up, however if your machine is older it will be restricted by the BUS speed, memory speed etc.

I would suggest you do a fresh install of Windows (7 is best) though, the Vaio installed versions are full of crapware and it would be a good freshen up for your machine. Just copy your music and VDJ folder to an external drive then move it over once complete. Otherways you can create an image from inside Windows then use a system disc to install it on the new drive.

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 3:18 pm
We think similarly when it comes to Bloatware. I bought this VAIO a couple of years ago. Did a Fresh W7 install on it.
It has no bloatware and ONLY runs VDJ.
:-)

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 3:36 pm
In that case imaging the current HDD will do just fine!

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 3:41 pm
Start up time is between 10 - 20 seconds depending on what else runs when windows starts, you could feasibly be spinning tunes in under 25 seconds from start up. I have a 240GB SSD HDD with windows and all programs on that and an external SAMSUNG 850 Evo 2.5" Internal SSD - 1 TB HDD with just music

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 5:33 pm
i will never go back to standard HD, its night and day. Esp now that prices have plummeted for SSD.

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 8:19 pm
So... Merry Christmas to me then!

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 9:03 pm
Duplicate message... grrr.

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 9:04 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)