Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Strange things happened

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

Yesterday I was playing song in the right deck. No problem but when I played the left deck, it didn't play. Shutdown vdj and hopefully it would work. But no succes.
Also I saw that the pitched was changed from the right deck.
Looked at the options from the soundcard, but could not see strange things.

I'm using vdj 8 and worked good untill now.

When I drag a song into the left player, it says: are you sure you want to stop the playing song?
Weird because there's nothing playing.
Sometimes after starting vdj 8 again, I can play a song in the left deck, but when I go to my controller and play with the volume slider from the left deck, it will stop immediately
Playing within vdj 7 is no problem.

Mensajes Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 8:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using a 4 decks skin ? Which skin are you using ?

Are you using the factory default mapping for the S2 ? (this is the controlller you are using, correct ?)

If you right-click on a track in the Browser, how many decks do you see as an option for the Load On -> ?

Most likely a track has been loaded to deck 3, but the controller was still assigned to deck 1 for the left side. Cant think of anything else.

Mensajes Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 10:22 pm
Hello Djdad,

I'm using a skin with 2 decks.
Strangest of all is that the right deck can play every song, but the lef deck not.
When I start vdj 8, sometimes I can play a song at the left deck.
But when I hit the volume slider at my controller ( S2), then i can't play a song anymore.

djdad wrote :
Are you using a 4 decks skin ? Which skin are you using ?

Are you using the factory default mapping for the S2 ? (this is the controlller you are using, correct ?)

If you right-click on a track in the Browser, how many decks do you see as an option for the Load On -> ?

Most likely a track has been loaded to deck 3, but the controller was still assigned to deck 1 for the left side. Cant think of anything else.

Mensajes Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 11:56 am
Can you check with the default 2 Decks skin and the factory default mapping ?

Mensajes Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 11:20 pm
Tested it today.

Virtual dj 7 no problems.
Virtual dj 8 starts with a song at the left deck. After I hit the volume slider, the song stopped.
Everytime I drag a song to the left deck, it says: Already playing.

Back to factory settings didn't solve the problem.
Choose a skin with 2 decks, also not the solution. Several skins tested, but without succes.

Mensajes Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 2:55 pm
Two questions:
1) Do you have the same issue without the controller connected ?
2) Is your controller updated to latest firmware ?

And just to make sure we are on the same page:
What do you mean "hit the volume slider" ? You mean move the volume slider ? or something else ?
I assume that when you reset your VirtualDj 8 settings you didn't mess with ANY setting, right ? (Like trying to enable fader_start for instance)

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 7:37 pm
I noticed in your account data that you are using the Traktor S2. Since this has been recently added to the natively supported controllers, can you please check the Devices folder and remove any Traktor S2 files and try again ?
There is a chance the S2 is detected as 2 units (due to a custom definition) and one of them automatically assigned to decks 3,4 causing issue similar to yours

Mensajes Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 11:34 pm
djdad wrote :
I noticed in your account data that you are using the Traktor S2. Since this has been recently added to the natively supported controllers, can you please check the Devices folder and remove any Traktor S2 files and try again ?
There is a chance the S2 is detected as 2 units (due to a custom definition) and one of them automatically assigned to decks 3,4 causing issue similar to yours

Did it yesterday but no luck.
Guess that the problem is that I have vdj 7 + 8 on my laptop.

So now I will deinstall both and just install one of them

Everybody thanks for the good advice !

Mensajes Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 11:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)