Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Managing tags for export

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just recently found out that apparently "user 1" and "User2" tag fields don't seem to reside on the MP3 tags themselves, so when I tried my library on another computer, those tags did not transfer. I was using these fields to classify the type of dances at a Country Line Dance bar.

Rather than manually transferring/typing them all over, is there a way to extract them? or to move them using some sort of tag editor? I think I want to move them to the COMMENT field, which seems to have some of the information saved from my previous upgrade.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 2:26 pm
i can't think of a way to do that but this blog may help you determine what goes in the actual tags and what is stored in the vdj DB
http://www.virtualdj.com/user/wickedmix/blogs/5246/id3_Tag_Support_in_VDJ8.html

if the information is similar enough you might be able to do it in batches by searching for what you wish to change and do a select all and edit the tag and all will get changed at once in that batch.... only idea i have.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 2:58 pm
Thanks for the information... can you be a little more specific about this next paragraph? Not sure what you mean by changing in batch... I think that's what I want to do... but not sure how to edit tags.

if the information is similar enough you might be able to do it in batches by searching for what you wish to change and do a select all and edit the tag and all will get changed at once in that batch.... only idea i have.[/quote]

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 3:05 pm
So I did a little more research. Retrieved Song information from XML:

<Song FilePath="C:\Music\Amazon MP3\Pat Green\Wave On Wave\01-04- Wave on Wave (Album Version).mp3" FileSize="8082065" Flag="16">
<Tags Author="Pat Green" Title="Wave on Wave (Album Version)" Genre="Country" Album="Wave On Wave" Composer="Pat Green" Remix="Album Version" TrackNumber="4/13" Year="2003" User1="Wave On Wave" Flag="1" />
<Infos SongLength="244.427396" FirstSeen="1434179577" Bitrate="256" Color="4278208469" Cover="24577" />
<Comment>Amazon.com Song ID: 202366244</Comment>
<Scan Version="800" Bpm="0.579206" AltBpm="0.434399" Volume="1.301404" Key="D" />
<Poi Pos="-1.089977" Type="beatgrid" />
<Poi Pos="0.061333" Type="automix" Point="realStart" />
<Poi Pos="235.281333" Type="automix" Point="realEnd" />
<Poi Type="automix" Point="fadeStart" />
<Poi Pos="227.091156" Type="automix" Point="fadeEnd" />
<Poi Pos="0.070385" Type="automix" Point="cutStart" />
<Poi Pos="214.677914" Type="automix" Point="cutEnd" />
<Poi Pos="54.516054" Type="automix" Point="tempoStart" />
<Poi Pos="194.107460" Type="automix" Point="tempoEnd" />
</Song>

To illustrate... the field called "User1" has the information. Since this information does not stay with the MP3 tag, I want to move that information to the COMMENT field, which does transfer to the tag.

Is there a utility that can do this? Do I need to write a unique query and run it somehow?

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 3:23 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Regex would be the way to do it, but the learning curve is steep for a beginner, although once you get it, it will save you tons of typing. It's built into np++
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

the other way would be to copy your good database.xml to your other machine and make the file paths match, could be easy, could be a lot of work depending on how different it is.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 6:10 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
maybe there's a wish here.

something like this on a repeating script
get_browsed user 1 & param_cast & edit comment.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 6:16 pm
If music is in the same location on both systems you can just copy the database from one system to the other.
For drive C you need to copy the "database.xml" file from within Documents\VirtualD\ folder to the same location on the other PC.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 7:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)