Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: get_beat_num does not appear to work for line in

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Normally I use GetInfo ("deck active get_beat_num",&beatNumber); to get the current beat beat number and works fine when you have a normal song loaded. When using line in though, I always get zero for beatNumber although VDJ is stepping thru the beat rectangles normally like it would for a normal song.

Can you explain that or what is it I need to do different in the case of line in?

Mensajes Sat 07 May 16 @ 1:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is indeed not working for line in at the moment, but will be fixed in the next update

Mensajes Sat 07 May 16 @ 1:31 pm
Thanks, I have a client that needs that to work. There are probably other get_ queries that are not working either in the case of line in.

Mensajes Sat 07 May 16 @ 2:02 pm
I guess not fixed in 8.2... client is asking about it.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:54 am
Just tried again, but get_beat_num is working for me on line in.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 11:05 am
RazhellPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi, the problem is that we use a sounf effect plug-in who send the song info to another external software: Pangolin QuickShow, that works fine when VDJ is playing an audio file (mp3 ecc), but we loose the beat info ( the CBG Computed Beat Grid) if we connect an external source to a deck, and we listen from it: we receive the BPM value and the volume info but we loose the info about the 4 rectangles (CBG) and we have problem creating laser effect that react to this beat (CBG) info.
VDJ show correctly the 4 red rectangles (CBG) working + the BPM value so I think that the beat from the external source is analized but the info is not sent out from VDJ.
thx a lot for you precious help

Razhell

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 8:13 pm
Which plugin is it that sends this info, is it also a pangolin plugin?
Are you sure it uses get_beat_num?

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 8:36 pm
Seems to be working ok for me. I will have to follow up with client.

Mensajes Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 8:26 pm
Hi, I have the same problem that Razhell described in his older post, but with VDJ version 8.2 b3994.
The setup looks like this:
- Line-In (external sound card)
- VirtualDJ with Laserbeat plugin from Pangolin
- Pangolin Quickshow 3.0

VDJ will correctly pass the detected BPM to Quickshow, but the cues are not animated. Quickshow works flawlessly without using Line-In, i. e. when playing music directly in VDJ.

I'd appreciate it if someone had a solution for that, because it depends on whether I buy the Analog Mixer license or not.

By the way, I only use this whole thing for my private pleasure.

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 18 @ 9:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)