Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: RMX Console Mic/FX

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys, just taken on another bar for disco/karaoke and where they have me placed it is really tight for space, I usually go out with a separate mixer and only ever really use the RMX for the sound card feeding everything including mics into the mixer and using the on board fx's for the mic when required.

I can tell you I have never used the mic input on the RMX since I bought the unit when it was released, one attempt at using the mic through it was enough for me, it was abysmal and that is being kind!

Anyways what I am hoping for is if anyone can tell me if there is anything out there software wise that I can use in conjunction with vdj, plugging the dual microphone lead into the RMX and being able to add fx's and controlling mic volume, I'd prefer if it was a one touch button to bring up the gui and a decent looking one at that if possible, I don't want to be going in and out of the gui all night long either if you get what I mean.

Thanks for any help.

Mensajes Sun 22 May 16 @ 8:32 pm
gstribPRO InfinityMember since 2010
tayla wrote :
Hey guys, just taken on another bar for disco/karaoke and where they have me placed it is really tight for space, I usually go out with a separate mixer and only ever really use the RMX for the sound card feeding everything including mics into the mixer and using the on board fx's for the mic when required.

I can tell you I have never used the mic input on the RMX since I bought the unit when it was released, one attempt at using the mic through it was enough for me, it was abysmal and that is being kind!

Anyways what I am hoping for is if anyone can tell me if there is anything out there software wise that I can use in conjunction with vdj, plugging the dual microphone lead into the RMX and being able to add fx's and controlling mic volume, I'd prefer if it was a one touch button to bring up the gui and a decent looking one at that if possible, I don't want to be going in and out of the gui all night long either if you get what I mean.

Thanks for any help.

I would recommend you try using abelton live. You might have to have separate audio interface but once you get everything set up in software you should not have to go back to it throughout this night. Also, I would recommend buying a external controller to control Ableton if you need it. This will further keep you from having to go into Ableton during a set to change settings...

Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help with!

Mensajes Mon 23 May 16 @ 2:17 am
Thanks for your reply, that's what I'm trying to eliminate (mixers and controllers) I already have them. It is a really tight space they have got me into and I was hoping somehow there was a plugin that I could use running through the RMX.

I thought I'd be clutching at straws on this one and by the response it doesn't look like there is going to be a viable answer for the RMX.

I had hoped I could cut down on external hardware, but that doesn't appear to be possible. Looks like it's into the workshop and fabricating a new set up... damn!

Mensajes Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:39 am
Over two hundred looks and only one reply, I was expecting a bigger response than that... disappointing.

Mensajes Mon 23 May 16 @ 11:44 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
If you've ever used the LINE input on the Rmx for CDJ or any other types of inputs, then you know that you can use EQ and FX on external inputs, and the microphone is no different.

Simply make sure that the MIC is set as you input source for channel 1-2

And that VDJ is configured accordingly (I'll presume you are using VDJ 8);

Mensajes Tue 24 May 16 @ 12:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)