Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: VirtualDJ Startup Problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

VirtualDJ Startup Problem
Warning: Start up of 0 is taking a long time!

I Keep getting this message whenever I try and OPEN / LAUNCH the program <> Version 8.1 b2857 (what is causing this ???)

The only way I can get it to WORK is to DELETE the settings XML & it will OPEN the program. But as you can imagine having to redo all the settings every time you want to use VDJ it is a pain in the neck or just before each gig is not best situation to be in.

I use a DENON MC6000 Controller <> DELL XPS I5 Laptop 8GB RAM 1GB (Ext Graphics Card) and have had minimal problems up until this, which is a MAJOR one as you can imagine.

I have to say once it's up and running everything runs great....... Just can't also get it to LOAD!!!!

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 2:37 pm
Has anybody else had these issues ?

Still can't get it to open ?

Or do I have to go back to another BUILD ?

Any help would be appreciated

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 4:58 pm
are you replacing the settings.xml file or just redoing settings?

if you are replacing there must be a problem in the file causing the issues....

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 5:17 pm
The only way I can get it to OPEN is to fully DELETE the settings XML file then it puts a new one in and LOADS. Amend all settings done a gig last night, Went to open it today and it won't open saying the same error as stated ?

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 5:30 pm
So it works OK if you don't change any settings once the new XML is generated? If so, what exactly are you changing in the settings?

Is the controller connected or not when this happens? Does it make a difference?

Has this only started happening on this build (was it OK on the last build)? If you go back, does it work again?

What skin are you using? Have you tried using another one?

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 5:36 pm
Checking....... Just now,

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 5:51 pm
It makes no difference with the MC6000 connected it still doesn't OPEN / LOAD

I was using the DN-MC6000 PRO 8 skin

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 6:27 pm
What happens if you use the default skin?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:14 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What are the settings you are changing and what values?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:13 am
hey im having the same problem my v.dj wont open it kepps popping up a message about a startup problem that the browser is taking long to start

i reset my windows and and reinstalled the softwar and im gettin the same problem in addition to that im getting a popup in the lower right corner of the screen every 20 seconds with the same startup warning

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 8:18 pm
I am also experiencing this delay, sometimes up to 5 minutes before it starts. Have a denon mc6000mk2, and no difference with the mixer connected or not. Thought it had something to do with my plugins, so I deleted all extra plugins and it started quickly again. But next startup it was delayed again. Some random startups is going quickly though. I have just given up trying to fix it and just wait to this bug eventually get fixed...

I get the error message "Startup of plugins are taking a long time" though...

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 8:49 am
maybe its related to audio only visualizations?
try and disable what you have there and try.
just a guess

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 8:59 am
can someone tell me where to find the XML im not seeing it

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 9:13 pm
\Documents\VirtualDJ

on windows

no clue about mac

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 11:26 pm
I have had this problem with VDJ 8 and 8.2 all builds most of the time it will load on its own if you give it time. The latest WOW with this problem took 3 hrs for it load but it did load. Just had to wait. Tried many things to stop this problem like Rebooting no effect replacing XML files database and settings XML with back ups NO EFFECT!
This might help the techs the last one that took 3 hrs locked up the Browser function and stoped the player in mid performance when I attemped to edit the tag on 2 mp4 files at the same time. Shut me down had to use another computer to finish gig. When I got back to the problem after rebooting ect.... just had to wait.

Mensajes Wed 31 May 17 @ 3:55 am
No longer having that problem after last updates. Thanks for fixing it VDJ Team!!!!!

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 5:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)