Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: Main track audio bleeding thru Cue/PFL

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djmt99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
For testing purposes, I'm running VDJ8 strictly on a laptop only; no controller and internal sound card (has Beats audio, but all Beats control has been disabled). I have VDJ configured in a Main/Ch1 and Cue/Ch2 split mix. When I have a song on either deck, it plays fine through Ch 1 when the fader is up, as it should. However, I'm getting a very faint bleed through my Ch2, which is my PFL. I definitely have my Main/Cue mix cut to Main, and the PFL is disengaged for that track. When I cut the line fader or bring the crossfader to the opposite side, Ch2 goes silent (as does Ch1, but that is expected behavior.

I should note that same exact thing happens if I were to Cue something, as it bleeds through the opposite channel. .

I'm running an HP Envy i7. I have read about turning off the special effects, installing basic drivers, etc etc... and I've done all that. I've even gone as far as to use an external soundcard. I yield the same results either way.

What am I missing?

Mensajes Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 4:35 pm
This has been talked about before, with no solution posted. Any ideas?

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 3:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry, but cant understand , why do you have to choose the "Split" ? Where are your Headphones connected to ? I assume that your laptop only offers a single stereo output and in case you plug something there, it will simply mute your laptop's speakers and route the same audio signal to the connected device.

Please consult our manual (Audio Setup) to see what choices are available (either a 2nd USB sound card or Y-splitter cable)

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 3:34 pm
I have been using VDJ for 10+ years, but it was always with an external mixer. I had it ORIGINALLY configured as Deck 1>Left out, Deck 2>Right Out. I am very familiar with the audio output options and the manual, hence my posting here for unanswered questions.

I am currently testing the configuration as mentioned in my original post (Master Out>Left Out, PFL/Cue>Right out) for a scenario where I would need JUST a laptop (ie: emergency backup if the mixer dies). I have a Y-Splitter which sends the signal from the stereo 1/8" output of the laptop to 2 mono stereo 1/8" line jacks. When I play music through the Master, no PFL, I can hear the same music on the right channel, very faintly. When I send a PFL thru, I can hear that bleeding through to the left channel just the same, very faintly.

Yes, I know I could use a secondary sound card for the PFL, but that's not the point. Something isn't working the way it should.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 5:07 pm
Have you considered that it may just be the hardware? The audio interface in a laptop is not designed for professional use. The components probably cost pennies.

It certainly won't be designed by an audiophile, to have 100% perfect stereo separation.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 5:32 pm
As mentioned in my first post, I did try a second sound card with same results. I'll try to dig out the NS7 later today and try that as a third sound card, but I have a feeling that if I'm getting the same issue with 2...

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 7:51 pm
That depends what the second "card" (interface) was. Another consumer grade unit, or something better?

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 9:29 pm
So far, 3 soundcards, same issue... The internal, a Sound Blaster MP3+, and a Tascam US-122MKii.

Also, I tested on a different laptop (Toshiba Sat), same issue.

The only time it doesn't bleed is when signals are divided between two soundcards. Again, not how it should be.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 1:45 am
i have a poorly constructed split mono cable that does this as well but my other is fine .. i assume you are using one of these when you say split audio?

if so you may try a different brand of split mono cable some of them are pure crap.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 9:20 am
I've tried 2 pre-made splitters, a custom splitter that I made with all Switchcraft connectors (1x 1/8" and 2x XLR-M's), and have resorted to just plugging headphones in direct to eliminate the bad splitter idea.

If any of you try this set-up, you may not hear it at first. You need to drive the signal quite a bit before you notice the bleed.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 6:21 pm
Trust me... I'm a trouble-shooter. I take pride in figuring out/fixing things on my own. I wouldn't have come here if I didn't try alternate machines, cables, scenarios. :)

Mensajes Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 6:22 pm
Same problem with sound bleed when using the proper splitter - one out to headphones and one out to speakers/amp. This is what solved the issue for me on a newer Lenovo laptop.

.-Go into computers Control panel
-Scroll, find and select the audio card, mine is tthe Realtek HD audio manager
- select Detailed advance settings
Select separate all input jacks as independent devices

Mensajes Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 7:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)