Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Short stops - maybe some kind of bug in the IOS version of VDJ 8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am experiencing a problem with VDJ 8 and my new macbook. I realised that the macbook and the VDJ are the problems because I have used this macbook and VDJ with another controller. Now I use a Pioneer SX2 and a while ago I have used Pioneer DDJ s1. I have had the same problems with both setups.
Basically at one point (sometimes sooner sometimes later) in the gig I have two short breaks (the audio can't be heard anymore) while playing a song. These short gaps have arround 1 second each and right after the first one comes the second one. These stops are happening on different songs, not on the same song and sometime I have these breaks after one or two hours of mixing and sometime after 6-7 hours.
I have had this problem in different locations with both set-ups:
1st - Macbook Pro Retina 15 - 16 Gb ram, 500 SSD - mid 2015, VDJ 8 and Pioneer DDJ S1
2nd - Macbook Pro Retina 15 - 16 Gb ram, 500 SSD - mid 2015, VDJ 8 and Pioneer DDJ SX2

I can't seem to figure out what is the problem wich cause these random glitches.
Another thing, after these 2 short breaks, everything is working fine, without any kind of problem for the rest of the gig (a few hours - 3-10 hours - I never had a longer gig than that..)
Had anybody else had this kind of bugs?

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 7:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Open VirtualDJ 8 Settings->Options tab, find the latency setting and manually set it to a higher value..E.g. if its in "automatic 256" set it to 512 and see if you get this issue in your next gig as well.

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 7:57 pm
Thank you Djdad!
I don't have the controller with me now, but I will try that. Without the controller the latency is set to Automatic (without any other value). Should I set it to 512?

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 8:05 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
mariusrtr wrote :
I am experiencing a problem with VDJ 8 and my new macbook. I realised that the macbook and the VDJ are the problems because I have used this macbook and VDJ with another controller. Now I use a Pioneer SX2 and a while ago I have used Pioneer DDJ s1. I have had the same problems with both setups.
Basically at one point (sometimes sooner sometimes later) in the gig I have two short breaks (the audio can't be heard anymore) while playing a song. These short gaps have arround 1 second each and right after the first one comes the second one. These stops are happening on different songs, not on the same song and sometime I have these breaks after one or two hours of mixing and sometime after 6-7 hours.
I have had this problem in different locations with both set-ups:
1st - Macbook Pro Retina 15 - 16 Gb ram, 500 SSD - mid 2015, VDJ 8 and Pioneer DDJ S1
2nd - Macbook Pro Retina 15 - 16 Gb ram, 500 SSD - mid 2015, VDJ 8 and Pioneer DDJ SX2

I can't seem to figure out what is the problem wich cause these random glitches.
Another thing, after these 2 short breaks, everything is working fine, without any kind of problem for the rest of the gig (a few hours - 3-10 hours - I never had a longer gig than that..)
Had anybody else had this kind of bugs?

I had the exact same thing happen to me last year at one gig. Just one gig. I used the same MacBook Pro setup you are using and my controller is a Numark Mixtrack Quad. Two short 1 second gaps of silence.
This happened with VDJ 8.1
I looked at these forums for clues and saw mention that you should try keeping your Internet access off if you can. Fortunately I run the two MacBook's at the same time, so I just got into the habit of keeping my primary laptop offline. Never happened again.

DJ Dad, should I also do the same thing you advised?

----"Open VirtualDJ 8 Settings->Options tab, find the latency setting and manually set it to a higher value..E.g. if its in "automatic 256" set it to 512 and see if you get this issue in your next gig as well."

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 8:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you dont scratch, 512 is OK. But since you dont have any similar issues, i dont see why you should do that.

Keeping computer offline if no Online feature is used from VirtualDJ (such as Content Unlimited, AskTheDJ, Genius etc) is a good advise too.

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:28 pm
So far so good with the 512 latency. I had a gig today and everything went smooth untill now without the gaps. I had my internet connection on...and still no problem. I hope this is the solution..

Anyway, I have another issue now. I am able to resolve it, but it is strange that it happened. THe search is not working...I can't seem to find any song in the search...Like all my songs were erased from my search database. I have the songs in the laptop, but I can't find them with search...
VDJ has updated to another version a few days ago... but I don't understand what happened with my database...

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 12:34 am
I found something in the settings with itunesdatabase... were was set the Itunes database. I have pointed the VDJ database, instead, and now the search is working fine. I believe that this is a new feature from the new VDJ version...

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 1:01 am
Unfortunatelly latency at 512 was not helping me. I have had these glitches since then... but I did not wrote anything on the subject because I so a simmilar topic on the forum, wich I canțt find anymore.
I was reading that topic and trying to keep up with the solution for this random short stop.
Has anybody found something on this?

Mensajes Sun 14 May 17 @ 8:30 am

Go to this topic it might help you we had this problem last year It sounds like you might be having some of the same problems

TOPIC: WE NEED HELP WITH PIONEER CONTROLLERS - PAGE: 1

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 10:12 pm
Basically what it boils down to in the end was the latency on one setup and connecting a powered USB hub on the Second one

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 10:14 pm

Mensajes Mon 22 May 17 @ 9:18 pm
I too may be having latency issue with VDJ 8.2, maybe I am looking in the wrong place (vs vdj 7) but I cannot locate where to change the latency settings in vdj 7 I always kept in safe mode in vdj 8, I can only find anything pertaining to latency when I click "ASIO" on the audio settings, yet that only gives me 4 different options, no safe mode or even automatic mode. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 12:01 pm
I honestly want to learn all these technical things when it come to understanding my VDJ8, so scratch my last post. Like many I am very intimidated by VDJ8, especially when you have been used to VDJ7 for many years! I am forcing myself not to go back. In the Audio file at the top, they have an area where you can type in what you are looking for, yeah mine always said "most used functions" and I did not know that by deleting that would bring up everything. So I was able to find the Latency, can I ask what many people set it at, and find it works well for them?? It still doesn't give many options.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 7:20 pm
SPIN SISTA wrote :
I honestly want to learn all these technical things when it come to understanding my VDJ8, so scratch my last post. Like many I am very intimidated by VDJ8, especially when you have been used to VDJ7 for many years! I am forcing myself not to go back. In the Audio file at the top, they have an area where you can type in what you are looking for, yeah mine always said "most used functions" and I did not know that by deleting that would bring up everything. So I was able to find the Latency, can I ask what many people set it at, and find it works well for them?? It still doesn't give many options.

Each Computer will need a different setting since all have different hardware that has different drivers that cause latency.

USE multiples of 64 and start with 256 and go up till all your issues are gone :-)

If you are not scratching start with 512 and go up.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 7:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)