Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Auto Gain Software / Keeping VDJ Cues

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

c18ccPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello all!

I have found myself in situations where I'm in clubs only using usb on Pioneer CDJs, so I've had to reanalyze a good chunk of my library in Rekordbox. Unfortunately, the Rekordbox software does not offer an auto gain setting like VDJ, so I'm spending more time setting gains at gigs again. I tried MP3Gain on group of songs, but it deleted all of my cue info in VDJ, even though it kept the file names exactly the same.

Is there software out there that won't wreck my VDJ cues OR a work around that anyone knows of?

Mensajes Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 8:58 pm
Why do you even need software?

I don't know how long you've been a DJ, but in the days of vinyl and CD, you simply listened to the track in your headphones before you played it, and set the gain on the mixer accordingly. Then if it needed a tweak as the track played out, you tweaked it.

I still do that now, even if I'm using VDJ. It's just a natural thing. Part of being a DJ.

:-)

Mensajes Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 9:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Why do you even need software?

I don't know how long you've been a DJ, but in the days of vinyl and CD, you simply listened to the track in your headphones before you played it, and set the gain on the mixer accordingly. Then if it needed a tweak as the track played out, you tweaked it.

I still do that now, even if I'm using VDJ. It's just a natural thing. Part of being a DJ.

:-)

Ha. Should have expected that response. I used all vinyl for several years and understand the basic skills of setting gains per track. 2016, and things are different. I'm looking for a helpful solution to the question posed, not a question of my experience.

Mensajes Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 9:15 pm

Mensajes Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 9:38 pm

Mensajes Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 9:48 pm
well it seems your only other alternative is to make a second copy of the files apply some type of gain to them so the originals are not altered.

Mensajes Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 10:37 pm
Download and use LoudMax. It will even out your levels.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 1:00 am
I use Mp3gain...I just run that before I set cue points.....

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 2:30 am
I'm not questioning your experience, I'm questioning your reliance on auto gain software. :-)

Honestly, even if you do find some software that sets the gain for you, it's never going to be as good as your own ears.

Software like that sets the gain based on the peaks in the waveform. It doesn't take into account any differences in frequency balance from one track to another.

Our ears have an uneven response. A track can sound louder to us than another, even if it isn't - because certain frequencies are more prominent. Auto gain software doesn't account for that.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 1:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Actually it does, or at least estimate it.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 2:28 pm
Presumably you're talking about the auto gain in VDJ, not elsewhere?

I assume the poster is wanting software other than VDJ to do this task.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 2:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I indeed don't know about all algorithms, but indeed VDJ's does, and so does the ReplayGain algorithm that is used by MP3Gain for example.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 2:35 pm
I have used MP3Gain since time began and never had any issues with it.

The only reason I have VDJ autogain enabled is for video files.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 3:24 pm
c18cc

I dont understand exactly what cue info was erased when using mp3 gain.
i always use mp3 gain and that thing never happens.
Are those 1 to 6 cues or the automatic cues (for automix, etc) ?

if mp3 gaing is erasing your cues there has to be something very wrong with the mp3gain you are using.

BUT
is there a possibility that you are copying files from one directory to another to edit gain ?
i suspect that if you copy files to another directory, transfer them back and overwrite, that can delete cues, because once VDJ is opened it considers those files as new files.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 4:09 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)