Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: saved loop length?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm trying to save a loop with a predefined length. But it always saves the loop as loop 4?

saved_loop "loop16" 16

Is something like this possible?

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 10:05 am
You are trying to save via a script, right ?

If you set the deck on loop first and save the loop afterwards then the new loop will have the length of the currently running loop. If the deck is not in loop then the predefined length is indeed 4 beats (and there's no way to change it at this moment)

So, I guess you can try:

loop 16 & saved_loop X & loop_exit

PS: You can change the length of your saved loops (the ones you have done already) via POI Editor

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 11:23 am
Actually, I'm asking for another german use who is trying to do something like that.
And while testing i found that saved_loop doesn't accept a value for loop length.

I'm not sure if your suggestion will work in that case. If I understand it correct with the above action it is possible to save a 16 beats loop.
But what if I want to call the loop with the same button? I think that will not work.

For a better undestanding, the user is trying to do the following with his Cue 6 button:

If there is a saved loop, go to the loop and loop.
If there is no loop yet, set the loop with X beats length at the current possition (and loop).

And yes, all with a script without the need of the POI editor.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 11:46 am
Then that's even more simple:

saved_loop 6 ? saved_loop 6 : loop X & saved_loop 6

Where X is the length of the loop and 6 is the slot number to save the loop.

PS: If the user wants to use the same button to exit the saved loop (after he enters in loop) then the code is:

loop ? loop_exit : saved_loop 6 ? saved_loop 6 : loop X & saved_loop 6

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 11:56 am
That sounds good.
I'll let him test the code.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 1:29 pm
Sorry for my late reaction. Many thanks for your help !!!

I am the guy, who has this "problem" :-)

Just a question: The syntax works, but would it be possible, that the Saved Loop is automatically set additionally as Cue 6 ?

The Saved loop is set with an Keyboard-Shortcut, but later I want to "call" Cue 6 with that saved loop with an button on my Controller (goto_cue 6).

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 11:47 am
You can set both a saved_loop and a hotcue at the same time, but if you call the hotcue the saved_loop won't be triggered.
If you always work with slot 6 you can change your mapping to "loop_load 6 ? loop_load 6 : nothing" instead of "goto_cue 6"
This means that if a saved loop exists in slot 6, it will be automatically loaded and triggered

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 11:51 am
Thanks again for your reply.
But I don't want to set Cue 6 as Hot Cue, I wanna set the Saved loop und Cue 6 as in the following image, what I have to do at the moment manually:

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 12:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)