Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Tags not being saved after reopening virtual DJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am experiencing an issue while editing existing tags via the Tag Editor.
I have noticed that after editing some tags e.g Remix, > clicked Write Tag > clicked OK, the tag appears to have been saved. However on closing Virtual DJ and reopening, it shows the original tag before editing.

What is causing this behavior? FYI - The ReadOnly under settings is set to No.

Mensajes Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 4:02 pm
Perhaps an issue with write permissions on your database and files ?

Are the files on an external drive ? Are they on the system drive ? (C: )

Is it only the database that doesn't save or the tags of the files as well ?

Mensajes Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 4:26 pm
I dont think is a write permissions issue. Some files save OK - but some dont.
The files are one my local Macintiosh HD drive.
I have just realized that the tags on the files are being saved OK, but it seems the database isn't.
Do you know what the issue might be?

Mensajes Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:45 pm
Any feedback? Thanks

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 5:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
getTagsAuto and getTitlefromTags are set to Yes ?

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 11:39 am
Yes they are as attached.

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 11:43 am
so, what you do is e.g. edit the Remix field, chose Write to Tags, you see the Tag getting updated and when you relaunch VDJ, the same track has the "correct" Remix tag, but the field of the database shows something else ..
Can you post 2 screenshots of Tag Editor with one of those tracks, before and after launching ?

Has to be some permission issue. I would suggest, to repair permissions http://osxdaily.com/2015/11/04/verify-repair-permissions-mac-os-x/ (its different on El Capitan), then restart your computer and try again.

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 12:42 pm
I have recorded my screen of what is happening and posted it here:

https://youtu.be/K361qqvId1I

Please have a look before I start repairing permissions. I only have one user on this mac and its on el capitan.

Thanks for your reponses.

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 1:11 pm
You notice that the file has the Genre - linked. On opening the virtual dj, it says the genre is Acapella. I then try to edit it to linked > click Write Tag > OK > Exit VDJ
On reopening, the remix tag still reads Acapella.

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 1:14 pm
what happens if you edit the Genre field to e.g. Link, but dont Write Tags.. simply press OK. (So that the VDJ fields shows Link and the Tag Linked)
Does Link appears in the Genre field, or do you still get Linked when VirtualDJ restarts ?

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 9:06 pm
is it possible since vlc was still open the file tag never updated because it has some link to the file?

i know this can happen in windows if a file is open in another app you cant successfully update tags.

never mind on a second watch i see he closes vlc

Mensajes Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 9:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try to change the title or artist field as well (just remove a letter and type it again) and see if it remembers the remix field then?

Mensajes Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 3:56 am
Adion wrote :
Can you try to change the title or artist field as well (just remove a letter and type it again) and see if it remembers the remix field then?

This seems to have solved the problem.

Many thanks.

Mensajes Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 8:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No problem, it will be properly fixed in the next update :)

Mensajes Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 9:28 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)