Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VDJ 8.2. video freezes on mac - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Thats my problem - random freezes of video, music is playing without problem... (on VDJ 8.1. I didn't have any problems)
Using macos sierra (was the same on el capitan)
Not using any plugins just changed vdj logo. Tried with clean install of vdj, still the same...(also tried clean install of os, but after 5 minutes its the same, just random freeze with no high cpu load)
Did not have problems before (before 4 months) but if I downgrade to older version od VDJ 8.2. its the same now. Videos are on internal ssd (separate partition)
Using Macbook pro 2014 i5 proc. (cpu usage 7-10% with vdj running)

Does anyone have the same problem or found a solution?
Video link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kix2colhjnxx34/vdj.mp4?dl=0

Mensajes Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 5:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try to put videoMaxMemory to a small value like 10?

Mensajes Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 5:22 pm
Then the video just freeze for infinite time until i seek to different location of the song, then it plays for 10 seconds and freezes again.
Before I had it to automatic 2048

Mensajes Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 5:29 pm
YES! I had the exact same issue last weekend. I submitted a ticket but unfortunately there has been no resolution so far.

Mensajes Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 5:57 pm
maybe try turn off DXVA

Mensajes Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 7:35 pm
Support advised to make sure that's on, which it was. I can give it a try with it off though. thanks

Mensajes Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 7:54 pm
Same issue. Video freezes. I had tried disable DXVA and limiting VRAM to values like 4096 - 2048 -1024 - 512 - 256.
Using MAC Book Pro 2015 w/ Core i7 and Intel Iris Pro Graphics 16GB RAM.
PD: Only in full screen. On windowed mode works great.

Mensajes Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 6:36 am
I'm seeing the same issue over the last two weeks but only in one of three venues. The initial occurrence is random but within 20 minutes of starting. It will happen two or three more times - several minutes between each occurrence - and then I won't experience it again for the rest of the night.

Mensajes Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 5:31 pm
I'm also getting problems with 8.2 on my macbook pro, although I confused the issue by updating to El Capitane at the same time although my problems begin with random issues on the VDJ skin, eventually crashing the program. I've been a stranger to crashes with VDJ. I'm about to roll back, first to a clean install of Yosemite and then to previous VDJ iterations unless someone has a suggestion?

Mensajes Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 10:11 am
Here's an update. I bought a couple of new USB cables, didn't network the CDJ's together and didn't use the aggregator, just connected the CDJ's individually and used the audio settings as 'two soundcards'.

In the course of a 4 hour, almost all video, show, there were no glitches at all and the system only refused to play one video.

Sorry this isn't very scientific and over the next couple of weeks I'll try to home in on the problem via a process of elimination but I've got to say that, right now, I'm happy

Mensajes Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 1:42 am
Just to inform you that I disabled DXVA and VDJ ran whole night without the problem or freeze. But I have also noticed that sometimes the video is a bit behind from audio, but this is probably because I disabled DXVA (hardware video acceleration).

Mensajes Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 5:15 pm
i have the same problem , any solution? im using a macbook pro retina 2014and pioneer ddj sx2. i dindt jave any problem with 8.1 , it started with 8.2 version.

Mensajes Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 10:46 pm
I have the same problem, and it is a nightmare with Karaoke. People complain all the time that the lyrics freeze.

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:07 pm
Same problem .. has anyone come up with a solution ? please help !!!

Mensajes Sun 09 Jul 17 @ 1:42 am
st1djPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Também com este problema. O meu trava ao iniciar o movimento do slider na controladora.

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 2:48 am
Any update...? I am having the same issue

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 1:18 pm
djlh1PRO InfinityMember since 2013
i am having the same problem and am running mac i5

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 7:07 pm
I know this thread is several months old but I'm having the same problem. Has anyone found a fix yet?

Mensajes Sat 28 Oct 17 @ 9:08 pm
I had to go back to build 3848 to stop the freezing issue.

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 4:27 am
same problem!!

Mensajes Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 1:55 am
87%