Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Unprofessional

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ok..I'm not well so don't expect too much common sense.

Drink?
I had 3.5 pints of lager between 6pm and 1.30am last Monday.
It cooled me down, and helped me relax?

Never before have I been under so much pressure.

The party guests had identity badges.
I was doing karaoke with a little disco.
The venue was a well known city bar/club.
Everything was great up until around 12.30 am.
Around this time I started noticing people without identification. The bar was becoming more, and more packed. I had loads of singers, with many demanding to know when it would be their turn. I could not cope, and just resorted to following my list, one after another. The number of people in the bar carried on increasing. There was no space for the singers as the crowd increased in size. I tried to move them back but failed. The management brought a rope on 3 stands to create a tiny singing area.

I was struggling.
Things were ripe for trouble.
If fighting had broke out then pictures would most likely have been all over the national press. This would have been because of the nature of the guests.
Finaĺly I tried to move a sober looking young lady with no identity badge out of the singing area. She refused. I tried to gently advance with my arms wide moving her back. She took hold of my arm and stuck her nails in drawing blood, also she punched me in the face. I carried on steadily moving forward until she was outside the rope when the crowd held her. She fought with the crowd but there were too many holding her.
The end..it was too wild.

Comments.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 10:38 am
Back to the golf clubs..I'm 65 now, and I never have any trouble.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 10:48 am
i suppose a golf club would have come in handy, applied smartly to her backside, but might have resulted in a few minor legal difficulties.

speaking of difficulties - the venue should have provided adequate security and monitored the number of people entering to prevent overcrowding even if it was a private or closed event and if not then still made an effort to control the crowd and still should have brought in additional employees to manage them once it gone that far.
back to the young "lady" in question: if the venue has video surveillance (should for it's own sake anyway these days) then I would request a copy of the incident for your own legal defense if she decides to be foolish enough to try anything against the club or you. hereabouts she would have already possibly faced an assault charge for simply laying hands on you and drawing blood let alone a punch to the face.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 12:01 pm
I think security was a major issue.
The Telegraph reported people could attend the events with suitcases..bombs?
It was all about a major political event.
The national security companies refused to provide their services. I don't know how the issue was resolved...if indeed it was.

I was out of my golf club class.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 1:25 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A city centre venue doing karaoke, I'd insist on having a bouncer near by.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 1:36 pm
Hm ..I've been totally unprofessional.
A bouncer did turn up after it was too late.

I suspect the venue became a magnet for everyone in the region of the busiest part of my home city.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 1:48 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
They [male door staff] usually do when it's a woman causing the bother, a female bouncer is the right person for that job.

If you're in that scenario again, just drop the volume to 0, down tools till you get some control.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 1:53 pm
Everything was fine until 12.30-1.00 am when the invited guests should have started going back to their hotels to prepare for the following day.
It's likely the venue was letting people into a sensitive private function.
I was too busy to look.

There are 4 interconnected bars/rooms.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 2:35 pm
Its the bar fault but some of yours as well.

By that I mean, your the DJ NOT security so you should not have bothered trying to push anyone back. Your job is to play music and you choose to try to rectify the situation yourself thus getting a punch to the face.......

If you feel you were seriously injured then by all means go after her but after the bar/club as well since no security was provided.

Not sure what kind of deal you have with the bar but where I work no one gets close unless I say they can. We have 2 bouncers at the booth.

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:48 pm
Hi Beatbreaker.
I don't normally do cities.
I took this job on because I valued the guests, and wanted to help.
Normally I work by myself, and try to travel light.
What I expected was a happy party environment, which is what I got for most of the night.
However the club changed around 1am, and it became an exposed club situation.
I don't think anyone expected the club to attract more, and more people (It was a Monday night!).
DJ's who deal with this number of people packed into a club are used to it, and may have a rider, which includes security provisions.
I'm small time.

I normally deal with almost every issue (small time..but that's ok).
A more experienced DJ may have avoided my mistakes.
This is the reason I started this thread..others may learn, and avoid my mistakes.

I was well outside my comfort zone.

No harm came to my being, I'm quite able, even if I'm a little old.

Mensajes Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 1:41 am
Maybe people wanted to get in to see who was present..but by 1am the important people had left.
There was a makeshift sign close to the venue side door stating the purpose of the party.
That was not wise, it's unclear if it was put there by the management, or mischief makers.
Security has been a massive issue for the guests over the last week.

Mensajes Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 1:55 am
Welcome to the wild west. Sounds like you had fun!!!

Mensajes Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 3:24 pm
Yes I did !
I had a look around the venue area tonight, a week later, it was a graveyard.
Talking to bar staff I found that last week was fresher night for the students besides being the night of a significant party.

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 1:46 am
That's unheard of!!! I'm surprised at a ghost town that has a uni!!!

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 5:36 pm
The night in question was Monday.
There were a few people about..but not that many.

It has two, hm 3 Universities.

The club room where I worked the week before was closed. The front room only had a couple of people, there were more staff than customers. Lager cost £3.20 in a plastic glass. I drank my pint outside in the square. I'm sure I got a proper pint the week before.

I saw a lot of large screen TV's being wasted.
They often displayed flickering adverts.

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 16 @ 12:40 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)