Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Is this Normal for a PC?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So I bought a new PC with Windows 10. Its a powerful computer. Years ago when I would plug up a controller I had to install drivers and all to get it to work. Then I went to Mac and after getting use to that. I started my new Windows 10, removed all the crap I dont want and optimized it for DJing, then install VDJ8 and plugged in my Pioneer DDJ SX2 and launched VDJ and bam, works perfect. Never install a driver at all. It wasnt until I was testing it out that I realized I didnt have to install any drivers. Just wondering if Windows made a change?

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 7:31 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
yes. it has drivers for most asio devices. but i would still go to the manufacturers site to get them

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:18 am
For SX2 it's safe to use the Windows native drivers (WASAPI). If you are happy with the performance of your controller you don't have to install any additional drivers.
However it is recommended to install Pioneer ASIO drivers on your system.

PS:
Generally on Windows there are devices that don't require ANY additional drivers to work (class compliant devices) and devices that may work without additional drivers in a "limited mode" and they DO require their own "special" ASIO drivers to work at the max of their potential.
The funny thing is that the same case applies on MAC as well. The only difference is that on MAC the devices that require their own special "drivers/software" to work are less than on Windows.

As an example: Pioneer DDJ-SZ, DDJ-RZ, DJM-900NXS, DJM-900SRT, Rane Sixty Two, Sixty Four, TTM57MKII, MP2015, Numark NS7II, NS7III and others DO require special drivers on both MAC and Windows.
Therefore, no matter what OS you use, always check with the hardware manufacturer if you have to install additional drivers or not.

I mention this especially for MAC OS X users that tend to skip this part and they come to support only to find out that the root of their problem(s) is that they didn't install their drivers! A friend of mine some time ago was shocked...
-MAC's don't have nor need any drivers
-Wrong! MAC's DO HAVE drivers as well, and also many devices require their own special drivers to perform correctly!
It's just that the amount of devices requiring special drivers is a lot smaller on MAC's :)

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:50 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)