Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: HELP DELETING LARGE AMOUNT OF DEAD/MISSING TRACK FILES!! (urgent) - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

J FowLPRO InfinityMember since 2011
so i recently moved things from one root folder on my computer to another and after doing so clean up, renamed, etc. to these tracks.. now I'm needing to rid my library of lots of these dead/error missing files. I have cleaned up and newly rearranged the root folder, so i know that it won't be a smooth transition. however, i need to rid my vdj8 library of this mass amount of "Error" or ghost files, and load in the mass amount of new, so that i won't have dummy files in my library for a gig tomorrow! s.o.s lol thanks for your help, last minute, i know. :(

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:45 am
Just close VDJ then go to VirtualDJ > Documents and rename the database.xml file to something else (so you can rename it back if you want)

Restart VDJ, find your new root folder in the browser then right click, add to database.

That will get rid of your old database and create a completely new one based on your new folder.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:59 am
If i do this (delete entire database) then I will lose other track data associated with another root folder #2 though. Anyway to do it (aside from individually clicking each ghost track and removing) where I could possibly keep the file associations with root folder #2 but just add root folder #1 like a new folder?

I should be more up to speed on this being a VDJ user for so long. (Still this & more tweaks for settings im due to learn though.) my apologies. I need to use these forums more.

Thanks for your help friend(s)

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 12:52 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the dot at the bottom left of the browser> database> clean

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 1:03 pm
Ah, OK, you never said you had another folder.

I would read the VDJ manual to get yourself more in tune with how the DB structure works.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 1:15 pm
If I were you.......

Move all the files back to where they came from, then start over but move the files using the VDJ browser.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 6:12 pm
I think I'm going to use @locodog's suggestion. Sounds promising and exactly like what I'm needing. I read about the clean & fix database selections but in old VDJ forums before posting, so I could never locate them in VDJ 8.2.

After altering some of the files, I know that moving them back into the original folder and then moving them through the browser will still not entirely fox my issue. P.s. It's a lot of files.

All of your help is greatly appreciated. Now to attempt doing so. If things don't go according to plan I may end up back on here guys.

Thanks for all the help DJ friends!!

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 9:48 pm
This is one reason I use MediaMonkey as my main Media Library. It will remove those files and export the library and playlist into VDJ. Also the my library add-on has a missing file script also, that works ok. But VDJ file system, to me, isnt for massive media libraries, Like mine of 28000. This is not real big but VDJ just didnt cut it.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:26 pm
@Locodog 's advice did the trick! exactly what i needed with just one click. thanks homie! greatly appreciated!

Also, since i typically use the same 2 root folders (1 on my desktop, and 2 on my portable HD) is there a better/best way to setup a system/folder where when i download/and or drop new files into a folder that it automatically finds them, on a regular refresh basis, or did i just have to continue clicking/selecting the folder(s) in the left browser in order to refresh them and find these newly added files?

p.s. much appreciated you guys are the MVDs in my life right now! (most valuable DJs)

Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

-DJ FowL

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 4:44 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I just use the autoSearchDB option

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 5:00 am
J FowL wrote :
@Locodog 's advice did the trick! exactly what i needed with just one click. thanks homie! greatly appreciated!

Also, since i typically use the same 2 root folders (1 on my desktop, and 2 on my portable HD) is there a better/best way to setup a system/folder where when i download/and or drop new files into a folder that it automatically finds them, on a regular refresh basis, or did i just have to continue clicking/selecting the folder(s) in the left browser in order to refresh them and find these newly added files?

p.s. much appreciated you guys are the MVDs in my life right now! (most valuable DJs)

-DJ FowL

My route, create a autofolder named tobescanned with the script isscaned=0 every unanalyzed track will populate.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 1:32 pm
J FowL wrote :

-DJ FowL

My route, create a autofolder named tobescanned with the script isscaned=0 every unanalyzed track will populate.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 1:32 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
. But VDJ file system, to me, isnt for massive media libraries, Like mine of 28000. This is not real big but VDJ just didnt cut it.

Works fine for my 80,000 tracks......

Mensajes Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 6:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be no problem for vdj, what problem do you have exactly with big library?

Mensajes Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 6:44 pm

Mensajes Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 11:07 pm

Mensajes Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 11:09 pm
Adion wrote :
Should be no problem for vdj, what problem do you have exactly with big library?

Auto-volume leveling to a specific setting, better drop and drag, Drop down and autofill for tag entries. Better tag correction for missing entries, being to uniform so all your track are labeled properly in the proper format removing unneeded quotes periods or anything else.. Tagging from web for proper dates, label and Auto-organize and tagging, making the whole process quicker. Iphone and Android sync. great for when you grab track on your phone, either usb or wi-fi will see that new track and put it where you told it to with new tracks from your phone. I use grouping to set up my playlist, so when i add a track and in the grouping its labeled as ClassicHipHipHot once i drop it in the root directory, from the part ClassicHipHop it goes in the classic hiphop folder and the part "hot" its automatically and to my ClassicHioHop party songs which is a playlist I labeled ClassicHipHopHot.

Mensajes Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 11:10 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
So it is rather a point of wishes and preferences than VDJ not being able to handle massive amounts of data in the database.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 10:21 am
PachN wrote :
So it is rather a point of wishes and preferences than VDJ not being able to handle massive amounts of data in the database.

Yes. Functionality.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 12:51 pm
Interesting thread...

I want to post my DB challenge too, because I think AutoSearchDB does not the trick for me..

Example situation:

I have a (external USB) disk called "E:"
On that disk, I have Top40 songs per week in a folder called "E:\Top40 2017". (example "E:\Top40 2017\week1", "E:\Top40 2017\week2" etc)

When I have enough "week" folders, I bundle all that songs together in one new folder "E:\Top40 2017\wk1 - wk10"

After these steps:
When I search for a track, I do get result, but when I want to load the track, I get the error message that the file is missing... Well that's correct, because I moved the files..
At this point I don't get results from the newly created folder.

So I can choose for "Delete missing files from searchdb" option to cleanup the db (which I want also), but if I do, I don't get any result anymore and I don't know if I have the song at that moment.

I do have the "autosearchdb" option stated "Yes" and the main folder was already "added to search db" a few months ago.
So if I would "touch" the newly created folder within VDJ browser, it will automatically pick up the songs, put them in the DB and from then I can find the songs with a search, but I do this "re-foldering" regularly with large amounts of files and folders and afterwards don't know which folders I have to "touch" to let VDJ put them in the DB.

In this case I can right-click the folder "E:\Top40 2017" and choose "add to search db" again to let it scan the whole folder again, but maybe there is a better alternative for me to have my new songs scanned automatically?

Maybe I even want an automatic scan that scans my whole E: drive for changes every time I start VDJ (ofcourse this has to be done as a low resource background process)

All above is just thinking out loud and you're welcome to think with me :)

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 1:47 pm
77%