Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: SSD with Momentum Cache Enabled (Clicking sound)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just installed a new 2TB SSD Hard Drive on my system with 16 GB of Ram. Previously I had a 7200 RPM drive in the system with 8 Gigs of Ram. I am using a Rane MP25 as my Mixer/Sound Card. In my previous configuration, I never had any issues. I installed the SSD and everything seemed to be super fast like I've never seen before. I used it for a few days with no issues. Today I started messing around with the settings on the SSD and stumbled across something that was called Momentum Caching. After enabling that I seemed to start hearing a clicking sound in the audio. Just curious if anyone is familiar with this setting and if that sounds like something that would have caused this clicking sound. I just disabled it again and I'm going to try and run a couple hours of testing just to be certain that the issue has gone away.

Anyone else out there using an SSD and know of any settings I should be looking for to get the best performance out of my system.

For my soundcard I have it set to Auto in the config and in the soundcard settings itself I have it set to 25 which is what I always had it set as before without any issues.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 2:51 am
Just a guess.

check the Windows Volume settings (sounds) and make sure it is set to NO SOUND for everything. Maybe it has changed automatically when you installed the Momentum caching thing.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 6:18 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I turned it off and did a 6-hour gig this weekend without any issues so I definitely think that was causing the issue. I'll update this later if I notice it come back but for now it seems like turning that off has fixed the issue.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 6:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)