Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Bugs with linein 'mic' and linein_rec

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi guys,

I tried a bit those 2 actions from skin linein 'mic' and linein_rec.

It seems to work well at 1st sight however, I'm still wondering a few tings :

1) While in linein mode, the record button does work well. After the recording has stopped, the buffer goes into the given deck with the title 'recorded' , no problem, all is ok. But... Where does it go in the browser ? Or more precisely, how do I save it as a new file ?

2) When the recorded buffer has come in the deck, I can't use the linein mode button anymore... I have to unload the deck and then I can linein again. Is that the way it should work ?

3) While trying the above in the free version, I made the program crash several times ! I am trying at home right now with full version and it does not seem to crash.

4) VDJ seems to be able to hear from several aux sources. I saw some line 1 and line 2 in a skin. Is there a way to know how many aux devices are available, or a check to know if the given aux source is valid/activable in the audio configuration ? How many lines does VDJ support ? 2 ? More ?

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 7:01 pm
For 4:
VirtualDj supports as many line inputs as you have configured on your audio configuration.
Common counts are 1,2 and 4. However there are audio interfaces that support 8 stereo inputs. If you configure them in your audio setup then all of them can be used on any deck.
Afaik, there's no way to tell how many line inputs exist on current audio configuration.

For 1:
It's a temporary buffer. In other words it's recorded on RAM and afaik you can't save it.

For 2:
Yes, that's the intended behavior. You need to flush the current buffer (by unloading or loading another track) before you can record again. It was made this way as a "security" not to overwrite your temporary buffer by accident (since you can't retrieve it again)

Perhaps it makes sense to add an action where the recorded buffer can be saved on disk.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 7:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
sense to add an action where the recorded buffer can be saved

Yes it would ! If there's no laws against it ofc lol.

(I immediately looked into the samlper/recordings folder, maybe it should go here ?)

Thanks for the explanations !

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 7:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
sampler_rec 'mic' works as well btw, and this will save the recording already.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 6:55 am
Will try that thank you ^^

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 6:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)