Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Compatible folder script

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok i have filter folders that populate with compatible tracks according to the grouping of playing tracks.

as you can see theres quite a few filter folders, my question is can i have a filter folder that will choose the track that match the track on the decks according to the grouping or comment field. If i have a song with a grouping of classichiphophot playing on the deck when i go to this filter folder it only looks at tracks with that same grouping. I want this so i dont have so many filter folders.

Mensajes Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 4:26 pm
no help?

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 12:19 pm
The picture is quite small to see your actuall filter.
Can you type the filter here please ?

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 12:28 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Grouping contains "2016" or Grouping contains "2015" and Grouping contains "R&B"

Im not trying to alter the scripts. Im trying to write one script that will filter according to grouping field of track on the deck. Do you understand where im going with it?

Mensajes Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 3:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
try to enclose the grouping part of your filter to parenthesis or else it will provide all tracks matching the last or criteria ..
so ..
BPM Difference .. and Key Difference .. and (grouping contains....or grouping ... )

Remember , when you use the grouping , it refers to the Database field of the tracks in your library and not the grouping of the playing track. So the above filter will provide all the tracks that match the following criteria ..
compatible (based on the BPM and Key of the playing track) AND (have grouping that matches with the provided strings)

Mensajes Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 12:23 pm
djdad wrote :
try to enclose the grouping part of your filter to parenthesis or else it will provide all tracks matching the last or criteria ..
so ..
BPM Difference .. and Key Difference .. and (grouping contains....or grouping ... )

Remember , when you use the grouping , it refers to the Database field of the tracks in your library and not the grouping of the playing track. So the above filter will provide all the tracks that match the following criteria ..
compatible (based on the BPM and Key of the playing track) AND (have grouping that matches with the provided strings)

ok after 5 years of trying to learn script Im not understanding it. So if possible can you give me an example.
You said grouping refered to database...so is there anyfield i could use to fit what im trying to do.
Could this be a custom button?

Mensajes Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 1:20 am
Can the website be updated so pictures people post can be expanded to the full resolution?

Only been asked for a hundred times before.

Mensajes Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 1:58 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,
I just tried this:
Grouping contains hot
And it's working.

Mensajes Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 6:35 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Grouping contains "2016" or Grouping contains "2015" and Grouping contains "R&B"

Im not trying to alter the scripts. Im trying to write one script that will filter according to grouping field of track on the deck. Do you understand where im going with it?

What Babis meant above is that you can type your filter like this:
(Grouping contains "2016" or Grouping contains "2015") and Grouping contains "R&B"

Mensajes Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 3:55 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

What Babis meant above is that you can type your filter like this:
(Grouping contains "2016" or Grouping contains "2015") and Grouping contains "R&B"

ok i understand that, but it still constricts me to those certain entries. Im trying to make it match the grouping on the current tracks on the decks.

Mensajes Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 11:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no way to achieve what you want.

Filter Folders can only accept Database Fields and cannot query a value from the loaded track.(BPM Diff and Key Diff are the only exceptions)
So, you can create a Filter Folder based on a Genre database value (e.g. genre contains "whatever") but you cannot get the "whatever" value from the loaded tracks.
The only way to do that, is to use a Custom (keyboard or controller) button and VDJ script action like..
search `'get_loaded_song "genre"`'

This will search for tracks that match the Genre value of the loaded track. If this action is executed while a "Compatible Songs" Filter Folder is focused, you will get what you want at the top , followed by all other tracks not included in the Filter Folder , but match the Search criteria.

However, you are limited in Searching within the available Search Fields (the ones you see in the Search Options), so for the Grouping field, the above will not work.

Mensajes Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 5:48 pm
could I add some more like.... search `'get_loaded_song "genre" and grouping "hot"`'

Nevermind it doesn't work. I'm good ill deal with the filter folders

Mensajes Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 6:32 pm
Ok the similar Bpm (live) in the My Library addon...all i would need is the edit "grouping equals exact" or "grouping equals same" I wonder if the devs can add this to work?

Mensajes Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 10:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)