Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Hooking up 2nd laptop to use for a full screen of programmed pads

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Has anyone done this before (is it even possible) with version 8.

Would like to hook up a 2nd laptop somehow/someway so it can be a screen full of pads that I can have programmed but the kicker is that they have to be labeled dynamically.

Otherwise I would just but an external midi device with pads. The problem with every device I've seen, it doesn't allow you to have digital labels of the buttons. Coloring is not enough.

Make sense?

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 6:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Wouldn't connecting a second (or third if you do video) screen with an extra skin window be sufficient then?

Otherwise an iOS or Android tablet could be used with the vdj remote app.

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 7:21 pm
Yeah OK that's an idea. I will have to look to see if they make a standalone LCD touch screen.

or

That's another good idea. Keep forgetting about tablets. Have you (or anyone else reading this) used android tablets. Is there an option to hook it up via USB and have it show up as an extra controller in VDJ 8's configuration? (Because my guess is if it's instead using wireless then there probably is a bit more delay to it's keytouch response time).

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 7:50 pm
I use the remote app at home all the time on wireless and there is no lag that I can notice. I believe you can tether it though and use the remote app in that way. There are various skins you can download depending on what you want on the screen.

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 7:59 pm
Thanks @Andy. That's the word I was looking for "USB tether". I would be interested to know how well tethering works and if it's definitely possible.

Bonus would be a video of someone setting it up. :)

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 8:32 pm
Well if phantom says you can do it, then you can, see link. Virtual_dj_remote_connection_.html?search=Remote%20tether&page=1

Doesn't say how though, but im sure if you search enough you will find how to.

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 8:39 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
see link. Virtual_dj_remote_connection_.html?search=Remote%20tether&page=1

Not a good link, would you mind reposting please?

That's actually a great idea, have a tablet on the side with just samples. Curious to read more on it.

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 1:02 am
Also, does a droid tablet work with a MacBook pro? Both usb tethered and over wifi?

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 2:10 am

Mensajes Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 10:06 am
Thanks Andy. Prior to purchasing a tablet, does anyone know own if a droid tablet works on a MacBook pro?

Also any suggestions on a good android tablet?

Mensajes Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 12:29 pm
It should work just fine for you.

Mensajes Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 1:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)