Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Hardware setup Questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mjshdjControlleristMember since 2015
Is it possible to run my controller into my audio interface,
then audio interface into my mixer
and be able to cue tracks through headphones plugged into the mixer?
Controller plugged into single channel of mixer
Other channels in mixer are for turntables and CDJ
Setup:
Controller:
Berhinger PL-1
Berhinger MM-1
Audio Interface:
Tascam US144MK2
Mixer:
Allen & Heath xone 23c 2x2

Mensajes Thu 23 Mar 17 @ 12:52 pm
So... If I understand you correctly...

Your two controllers don't have sound cards?
And your audio interface have 2 stereo output channels, where one can act as a headphone output?

In that case it should be possible, but you'd normally plug all three into the laptop, and let the controllers control VDJ, and the audio interface process the audio from VDJ, set up as "Speaker + headphone". (if one of the controllers can act as a normal USB Hub, then that is OK to use too - your OS and VDJ won't really know the difference)
You can then route the normal output from the audio interface to anything, including a stereo channel on your mixer

But I have no idea if it all matches your "Controller" license (as it says below your name). That depends what hardware the license is for

Mensajes Thu 23 Mar 17 @ 1:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the Tascam U144MKII appears to have 2 stereo outputs (one named as Line Out and another one named as Headphones). So , in theory, you need to connect the Line Out of your sound card with the 1st Mixer Input Channel (of the 23C mixer) and the Headphones Output of your sound card with the 2nd Input Channel of your 23C mixer, using proper cables.
Once yo do that, you will need to create an External Mixer Audio setup in VirtualDJ, something like ..
Deck 1 ... Tascam144 ... Chans 1,2 (Line Out)
Deck 2 ... Tascam144 ... Chans 3,4 (Headphones Out)
and click to Apply.
You will be then prelistening tracks from the Headphones Output of your mixer.

Note, that if you have purchased PLUS licenses for PL1 and MM1, you will need to purchase an additional PLUS license (the analog mixer) in order to use Ext Mixer Audio setups, or of course purchase Pro Infinity (which unlocks all controllers and all features)

Mensajes Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 3:13 am
mjshdjControlleristMember since 2015
Thank you!
That's just what I wanted to know!
Problem is I have only one channel left
on the mixer.

Mensajes Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 8:12 am
mjshdj wrote :
Thank you!
That's just what I wanted to know!
Problem is I have only one channel left
on the mixer.

Then I think you should do the mixing in VDJ using your controllers, and use the audio card in a regular setup, where you have one master out and one headphone out.
Then the pre-listen will be from the soundcard, and the master output goes to the last channel on the mixer

Mensajes Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 8:58 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)