Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Numark NV with VDJ instead of Serato? Help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Where to begin?... since buying my Numark nv on its release date after eagerly awaiting for it to land i have been constantly let down. Weather its the unit itself not wanting to connect serato first time or atall without having to restart laptop, freezing, audio drop outs or serato hardly ever getting the correct bpm. lets just say ive had more than enough of this.
Im curently mulling over the idea of investing in a reconditioned mac as the last time i tried to use my NVs with serato it froze up within 45 senconds of playing. At the same time wondering if getting the VDJ 8 pro licence will resolve my problems without as much spending as would be buying a macbook. My laptop meets the system requirements for serato but i assume a mac will not have half of this s%#@.

i used to have VDJ originally before having to buy a laptop and move to serato for the NV to work... all in all i wish i stuck with my mixtrack 1 it would of saved me time, money and embarrassment.

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.

Mensajes Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 3:59 pm
Well the great thing is, you can download VDJ 8 and try it out with your NV for 10 mins at a time, to make sure it does what you want/need.

Then (if you're not convinced enough to spend $299) you could buy a month's worth of Pro subscription for $19 and try it for a whole 30 days.

Mensajes Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 4:22 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
groovindj wrote :
Well the great thing is, you can download VDJ 8 and try it out with your NV for 10 mins at a time, to make sure it does what you want/need.

Then (if you're not convinced enough to spend $299) you could buy a month's worth of Pro subscription for $19 and try it for a whole 30 days.

Very reasonable to me.

Mensajes Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 5:05 pm
influxDj wrote :
i used to have VDJ originally before having to buy a laptop and move to serato for the NV to work...

Then you still do have it. Your VDJ licence doesn't expire and upgrades are free. Just log in with your old account, download the newest version and give it a spin.

Mensajes Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 5:51 pm
You missed the part about the Mixtrack. It was probably an LE version that wouldn't work with the NV.

Mensajes Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 5:58 pm
Cheers groovindj, I downloaded vdj again and got 29days to trial! Amazing... unfortunately about 15mins in I had a audio drop out.. the music cut dead and on vdj the wave files were moving back andto forward as if it was on a very short loop. Very similar to what would happen on serato.

Im now thinking maybe its time for a new laptop, or just wipe it clean and start again. If anybody one knows what may be happening. Thanks for a help so far

Mensajes Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 3:53 pm
Actually a NVII I have lying around (and if I may guess original NV as well) has a kinda loose USB connection.
This means that a small movement of the USB cable can temporarily disconnect the controller from the host.
I would advise you to check your USB connection and try to secure well the USB cable on the port on the back of your unit.

Mensajes Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 4:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)