Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VIRTUAL DJ INFINITY - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been a VDJ subscriber for a very long time paying the monthy $19.99 fees. I have been unable to pay the flat rate of $299 per other bills and family obligations. Is there a reason why one cannot have their monthly payments go towards the Infinity packages? I know for as long as I have been paying for the monthly, I have probably payed for the Infinity package twice over by now. I do not think its right that we should be made to continually pay in that fashion if we have been faithful in our payments monthly.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 1:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The subscription is similar to renting, you pay to use the product for one month. It is not a loan, and it is similar to subscriptions that is offered for some other software such as Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop.
In the real world you could compare it to renting a house or dj equipment.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 5:56 am
In the REAL WORLD, my car & mortgage payments would go towards me OWNING the car & my home...so that is not a totally valid analogy. Although I get what you are saying, for those who have been paying FAITHFULLY...it SHOULD be an option offered. I am sure the subscribers would be even MORE impressed then we already are. I mean VDJ is already asking for more money with the ContentUnlimited Options. Would it really kill VDJ guys to offer a "pay to own" option???

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 4:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Well, pay to own means it is a loan. Offering people loans is strictly regulated in most countries, so it is not so trivial to do that.
The easiest way to do that is like you do when you buy a house. It is not the seller but a bank that offers you the loan.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 4:27 pm
Well in the REAL WORLD, a car and a house are two of the most expensive things that people ever buy - so it makes sense that they can be purchased over a period of time with instalments.

On the other hand Virtual DJ is only $299. A lot less than a car or a house.

There are a lot of other everyday things that cost $299 or more. A TV set, a fridge, a washing machine (etc). How have you managed to pay for those?

Do you not have a credit card? For someone in your (apparent) situation it would be ideal. Purchase VDJ then pay the card company back gradually.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 4:36 pm
I heard some people do this:

They borrow the $$$ from the bank and as along as you pay in the certain time frame, no interest will be charge.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 6:42 pm
NO, I do not have a credit card....Hate Them actually...Lol! And since I have been paying for as long as I have, it wouldnt be a loan as I've MORE than paid for Infinity.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 6:50 pm
Ghetospydr wrote :
I've MORE than paid for Infinity.

No you haven't, because you've been renting it - not buying it in instalments.

Yes, you could have bought it by now - if you'd either saved up (at the subscription rates it'd take around 15 months) or borrowed the money. But you chose to pay a subscription.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 7:02 pm
I been renting a car from ENTERPRISE for years, by now, that car is paid off several times over already.

Should I go and ask Enterprise to give me the car ? (after all, I paid triple the amount already by renting it)

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 7:05 pm
I am paying as I am ABLE to pay...so please don't think you know my situation well enough to TELL ME what I CHOSE TO DO.....But YES, you COULD go to Enterprise and ASK them just as I ASKED here.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 10:23 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
come to the uk, its only 240 lol (exchange rates ) ... joking aside,

im going to assume that your paying via your bank for your subscription? if so, go to the bank and explain your situation to them, they will see that you have been paying your subscription, on time, for a long period of time.

ask them for a loan for the value of the software (dont be tempted to ask for more or allow them to persuade you to take more), they should honour it as you can show them you are more than capable to cover the repayments to the value of your current subscription cost.

if you pay over 15 months you may have to pay a small amount of interest but what little interest you pay will still be a lot less than what you would be paying for continual rental.

Mensajes Sun 16 Apr 17 @ 9:15 pm
bottom line i look at it like this... im not sure what kind of dj you are bar/club making that min pay amount & or a mobile making top $ for weddings,bday parties,etc,etc my point is if your a working DJ after do 2 gigs that in it self will pay the $299 that your worried about...ive had this same conversation with afew dj's in my town who give the excuse about kids,wife,house..i also have that & i have a full tyme job....but im alos a working DJ so if you cant come up with $300 after a few events ??? ;-)

Mensajes Sun 16 Apr 17 @ 9:39 pm
hehe in Canada (after the exchange rate) it will be like 405$ before tax. it's too much for me and even the subscription will cost like 28$/month+tax. Why they didn't include that price on their mixers in the first place?
I purchased a MixTrack3 because I used to work with VDJ over 2 years and it was a joy. I decided to upgrade to a controller andit was fine and then it tells me to buy the licence (whaaaaaat?). I'm wondering why Numark didn't add the full software price on the mixer in the first place?
Sure, they had the market for having a cheap controller for beginners (like me) but they will have lots of refunds for the hate they created for people. I could wait like 5 more months to save up for a DDJ-SR or a NV mixer with serato, without any hassle for full version because the "intro" version is sufficient.
I don't know what to do, my licence will expire in 2 days and I'm already thinking of returning it...what a shame, I was just about to feel the fun with this thing but the price tag for the software is higher than the mixer itself!

Mensajes Sun 16 Apr 17 @ 10:18 pm
Wow. Is this really an issue? I don't know your family obligations, but I have a calculator. Before I make any purchase, I do the math. I could see using this subscription for a month, to see if I liked it. If I did like it, and I needed the pro version to make money, then I would come up with the money. If I'm just a bedroom DJ, then I don't need the pro and would stick with the home free version. You did know the terms before you made the first payment. The bottom line is you want to change the terms, and that is not going to happen.

Everyone here is being polite and respectful, but you had more than enough time to make an adjustment, because they did not change the terms on you. Would you allow a client to pay you less then the amount owed on the contract, of course not. Nor would I try to give them two 30" TVs when they paid for 50". Yeah, you could have paid for the software by now, but that was your choice so man up. No excuses and no more comparisons that have no relevance to the issue.

This is a policy issue, and the policy is clearly stated. There were no tricks, no used car salesmen tactics (I'm not talking about real used car salesmen, because they are very honest). The thing about hating credit cards, did not pass the smell test for me. You need a credit card to book a hotel room, rent a car, get a cell phone, or mostly anything else in life. Good luck, and we hope to see you as a Pro user soon.

Mensajes Mon 17 Apr 17 @ 3:52 am
They man asked a question. Let's not all beat him up for asking or for having a opinion. Listen bottom line is VDJ is a company trying to make money just like any other company. Here is what I do know. I have been a member since 2004. I believe I paid a little over $100 US dollars in 2004. Since then (14 years) never once have I ever had to pay for anything to do with VDJ again.

In this day and age it is rare to see that. Every time something new comes out a company is trying to get us to pay for it. Also let's not forget VDJ does not charge us for all the add ons and additional features.

My best advise to you is if you are a Dj out there making money then try to save as much as you can to purchase the software. Reinvest the money. Also Kuddos to you for not using a cracked version. A lot of people who are on a tight budget would have used a cracked or stolen version.

Hang in there and keep spinning

Mensajes Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 5:03 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i agree with voodoo, once you pay that single cost you never have to pay again. so i suppose if you look at your $200 as a lifetime subscription. then thats actually really cheap, amahm, said he always does the math. so here mine

$20 a month x 12 months in a year x say 30 years of djaying = $7200

$200 one of payment x 30 years of djaying = $200

no having to pay for version updates, no new release fees. nothing. just $200

and $200 well spent. its not like your buying beer, or an antivirus thats outdated in 6 months.

its a life time investment.

costs lees than a wife, car, child and dog... in fact it costs less than some partys / dates ive been to lol

Mensajes Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 7:45 pm
Definitely less than a wife

Mensajes Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 8:16 pm
I have been exploring various dj softwares. I bought several licences for different controllers.
I wish VDJ would warn you with read letters that totalling your expenditure on individual controllers
does not, finally, add up to you earning yourself a full VDJ Infinity License!!
Anyone else fall under the same illusion as I did?

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 2:11 pm
@jg33brunner
I've never seen anything from Atomix or VDJ that would lead one to believe anything close to what your are describing.
Rather than look for the read letters or bold print when parting with your hard-earned cash and entering into a licensing agreement, read it all and understand fully.
Ask questions before you buy, not after.

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 2:55 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Here is a typical retailers webpage: https://www.decks.co.uk/products/dj-controllers/numark/mixtrack-3-dj-controller#.WXoZvOQo_3A from which I extracted the following.

The main features of the Numark Mixtrack 3 DJ Controller include:

Dedicated filter knobs for each channel
Includes Prime Loops remix tool kit
Multi-function Touch strip for dynamic FX control and Strip Search
16 multi-function performance pads
All-new high resolution metal jog wheels
Dual 5-inch hyper-responsive metal platters
Multiple FX manipulation
Dedicated track browsing controls from your library
Includes Virtual DJ LE 8

I've a few comments:

1. It's not Atomix fault that the retailers don't make it clear that Virtual DJ LE is a limited version.
It's unlikely a newbie would understand the significance of the "LE" and I could understand their confusion.

2. Unfortunately misleading selling is prevalent throughout are world. The corporations lead the way. A recent example on this forum was from a DJ who misunderstood the specifications for his speakers. Traditionally speakers were rated by RMS power, however nowadays all but the top quality speakers are described by program power, which is often approximately half of RMS power. Anyway this guy thought he had powerful quality speakers when in reality he only had half the power he thought, and budget speakers.

3. If were forced to read and understand all the legal agreements we will never get anything done. They are often long and extremely complex documents which demand deep study and maybe legal training.

The governments of our world need to curtail the power of the corporations, and protect the consumer (their peoples).

Note: Working out how good an Intel cpu is takes a great deal of studying. Hence most people have no idea about the power of their laptops.

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 5:19 pm
74%