Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Newest public build killed the vdj7 backspin

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been using the old virtual dj 7 backspin on 8 for over a year now. With the new update it completely destroys it and does stupid weird things to the sound. Anyone else seeing this?

Mensajes Sat 13 May 17 @ 6:59 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Why don't you use the backspin integrated into vdj 8?

Mensajes Sat 13 May 17 @ 12:31 pm
i dont know but it killed the vdj 7 slip spin too which i use in vdj8. i went back to build 3962 until they configure everything out with ghe new builds now it works perfect

Mensajes Sat 13 May 17 @ 6:21 pm
most of the old vdj7 plugins only work in vdj8 if you rename them for a reason. "not compatible"

if you renamed these to make them work i kinda doubt there will be a fix....

Mensajes Sat 13 May 17 @ 6:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Check out the script database, there's a V8 script there for slipped backspin.
It also includes a small drop in gain for the backspin action which is corrected on second press or fx off.

Mensajes Sat 13 May 17 @ 6:40 pm
djcel wrote :
Why don't you use the backspin integrated into vdj 8?

It does not allow slip so I cannot trigger a backspin and then hit a previous cue point to go back in time. This is useful if you are transitioning songs, but want to use perhaps a intro beat for your outtro, so you trigger backspin and then press cue 1 and you have a beat while still "ending" the last song playing to the crowd.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 5:20 pm
djdarkknight4847 wrote :
i dont know but it killed the vdj 7 slip spin too which i use in vdj8. i went back to build 3962 until they configure everything out with ghe new builds now it works perfect

Same thing I did, though I'm running 3696 and it works great, just can't run 3731

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 5:23 pm
locodog wrote :
Check out the script database, there's a V8 script there for slipped backspin.
It also includes a small drop in gain for the backspin action which is corrected on second press or fx off.

Where do I find the script database? I'm not familiar with using that.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 5:23 pm

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 6:13 pm

Awesome thanks!

Is there anyway to use this script and then put it into the AudioFX bank so I can select and use it like a normal effect like the current backspin?

I know I can make it a custom button, and then trigger that button from my controller using a custom mapping, which I may do if that's my only option. I just like having things as close to native as possible since it negates problems down the road.

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 4:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've got an fx to call custom buttons in tbe works, but don't expect it soon, I've got a busy schedule and a even more demanding girlfriend, but it's on my todo list.

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 8:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)