Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: Mapper syntax question for "pitch"

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Pro 8.1 User, using Behringer Controller
The controller has a knob (with a ring of corresponding LED's around it) that I use to control a decks' pitch.
By just mapping "deck x pitch", the knob works and the ring of LED's work with it. My problem is that the amount of change to the pitch made by the slightest adjustment is a bit too much. I can lessen this by adjusting the pitch range, but I like to keep it at 10%.
In my mapping, what would the syntax be make the percentage of change lower. I'm guessing it involves the use of the "var" command but I've not used that one much to get a complete grasp of how it works..
Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 17 May 17 @ 12:27 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Even if you decrease the dial sensitivity then the range will be cut, that's just a law of logic.

An idea has just mind though, if you can use shift+dial as standard pitch control [as you have now] and then have the dial without shift pressed for super refined pitch [say +- 1%], may be something super fine but relative.

maybe sacrifice some of the range at the -10 to -8% [do you ever really go down that low?] then maybe you'd get the pitch precision you want.

I'm away from any thing with a dial to test stuff for you for a good few days though.

Mensajes Wed 17 May 17 @ 3:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you can try to adjust the pitch in BPM steps (absolute mode) by using the pitch +/-x bpm action.
Eg for an endless encoder..
param_bigger 0 ? pitch +0.01 bpm : pitch -0.01 bpm

Mensajes Wed 17 May 17 @ 6:58 pm
Couldn't get one to work. The command sits in one of those very long "Action_deck 1 ..... Action_deck 2.....etc" Because the knob is in a row of knobs not individually native to vdj. I have to use the Action deck syntax to make them work and some conditional commands don't seem to like being in there.

Mensajes Wed 17 May 17 @ 7:15 pm
Which Behringer controller exactly is the one you are using and what is the name of the knob in the mapping ?

Mensajes Thu 18 May 17 @ 11:28 am
Hey there. It's the Behringer CMD-DC1. All "buttons" were individually mappable, but it has two rows of knobs that only have a "TOP_KNB" and "BTM_KNB" designation. I've had to use the "action_deck" syntax to assign different functions to each knob and have noticed over the years that (I guess) since the line already has 4 conditional statements (the action_deck's......) other conditional commands embedded in there don't work (and make all the other commands on the row not work).
Since my pitch controls are on #1 and #4 in that row, I've not been able to "vary" the pitch command in any usable way...
Side note: I think the drastic change is the software's attempt to fit the function into a "7-o'clock" to "5-o'clock" swing of the knob, matched with its corresponding LED light (like a clock face). I wouldn't mind if the knob (and LEDs) became infinite to make the change way smaller than it currently is...

Mensajes Thu 18 May 17 @ 6:14 pm
Not sure how you want each knob to be mapped as, but here is an example...
action_deck 1 ? param_bigger 0 ? deck 1 pitch +0.01 bpm : deck 1 pitch -0.01 bpm : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 filter : action_deck 3 ? : deck 2 filter : param_bigger 0 ? deck 2 pitch +0.01 bpm : deck 2 pitch -0.01 bpm
The action above maps #1 (action_deck 1) as pitch absolute by 0.01 BPM steps, #2 and #3 as deck filters, and #4 same as #1 but for deck 2.

Mensajes Thu 18 May 17 @ 10:01 pm
Very cool. The swinging LED doesn't work, but the knob functions infinitely (and at small increments).
Thanks much!

Mensajes Fri 19 May 17 @ 1:10 pm
For the LED, you may need to explicitly map it as..

action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 filter : action_deck 3 ? : deck 2 filter : deck 2 pitch

Mensajes Fri 19 May 17 @ 3:10 pm
Victory! On all aspects.
Thanks again. I never even saw the mapper line for the LED until you said that.
:-)

Mensajes Fri 19 May 17 @ 3:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)