Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Waveform not appearing and track wont play that previously did

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have suddenly started losing tracks as such whereby the track is listed, but when you load it to a deck, no soundwave appears and its blank and will not play. The track played before and also the track will play in itunes but VDJ is not playing it. I use V DJ for a radio broadcast over the internet so was less than impressed at this happening...Im running a DENON DJ Controller and I have both licences for Content and controller

Nothing has changed apart from an update to the OS which should not effect this

Can someone please help?

Just to confirm again, the track does still play in itunes and did play in V Dj before

Please help
Ta
Smudge

Mensajes Sat 20 May 17 @ 10:18 am
user13835551 wrote :
no soundwave appears and its blank and will not play

Any error message? Normally this happens because either the track has been modified (moved, renamed etc) outside of VDJ, so the info in VDJs database will not match the file name/location and you'll get an error message when trying to load it.

Please open the file in the VDJ tag editor and check that there are no problems (the track data should be displayed at the bottom).

Trying cleaning your database then re-visiting your music folder(s) from the VDJ browser, which should re-read the folder contents.

Mensajes Sat 20 May 17 @ 10:48 am
Hi mate

thanks for reply, no, no error message, the BPM comes up, the length of the track as well, just no wave form and you cannot play it.

The tracks have not moved either ... they are AIFF tracks, which used to play no probs, has V DJ been changed so it cannot play them anymore?

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 8:07 am
I've just checked by playing some AIF and AIFF files that I've got and they play fine, so it's not a problem with the file type.

Have you tried playing tracks in other formats? MP3, WAV etc?

Also check to ensure that your audio config is correct (presumably the mystery Denon controller) as if VDJ cannot find the audio output that it's supposed to use, it can't play the file.

You say they played "before" - before what? When is "before"? A few days ago? Weeks, months, years?

You also mention an OS update. That's a pretty big change. Again, what OS? What computer? What update?

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 9:00 am
Laca25Home userMember since 2013
Backspin hibát észleltétek ti is ? visszafelé müködik, nem ugy mint a VDJ 7-nél.. miért?

Effect Error? (Backspin) backwards? How good was 7 at 7?

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 9:46 am
Please post in English or use the correct forum area for your own language.

Please do not hijack threads by posting an unrelated message.

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 9:49 am
Its running on MAC and its deffo something to do with the AIFF-C format as MP3 plays fine.... thing is...its either an update of Virtual DJ or MAC OS Sierra as they BOTH recently had updates and its since then that this has happened!

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 9:58 am
Oh no! Earlier you said they were AIFF. Now you say they're AIFF-C, which I don't have (as far as I know) - so I can't test.

To determine whether it's your OS or VDJ, simply reinstall an earlier VDJ build and see what happens.

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 10:58 am
how do I do that fella?

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 11:03 am
Seriously? Click 'download' at the top of this site - or go to your account page and download from there.

Rule #1 when using computers. Keep backups of things you download, so you can reinstall them when required.

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 11:29 am

Mensajes Sun 21 May 17 @ 12:42 pm
Found that the version that I run on my Macbook Pro DOES play AIFF-C files.... so its the update that was dpne on the iMac that is having an issue with these types of files... Does anyone know if V DJ did a change to stop allowing AIFF-C to be used? Im kinda confused as to why they would do that... or apple would???

Mensajes Fri 26 May 17 @ 11:40 pm
You said the track(s) still play in iTunes, so it's not the OS or it would be affecting everything - not just VDJ.

Also, VDJ has its own built in codecs and doesn't use any system codecs (at least that's true of the PC version).

Prove it by reverting back to an older VDJ build, or the same build as your Macbook.

Mensajes Sat 27 May 17 @ 6:14 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)