Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Memory Leak/Allocation Issue when download to cache

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

While VDJ a gig this weekend on my regular setup began having issues with lack of contiguous memory popup messages. Eventually virtual dj began shuttering the audio and even crashed. Restarting the program resulted in everything working like it should. A couple hours later same issue.

Began troubleshooting the issue thinking it was a video driver issue so changed the usual settings limiting VideoMemMaxUse, videoUseDXVA Off, performance setting etc. but nothing changed the behavior during the gig. Had to restart VirtualDJ 3 times during the gig. Downloaded FPS plugin to troubleshoot memory issue and opened Taskmanager the following day. Found that virtual dj starts fine. plays videos fine, and even the effects do not cause issues. DOWNLOADING TO CACHE causes memory to grow until all memory is exhausted and program begins complaining of contiguous memory problems.

Troubleshooting continued at home with a clean install of the latest version (v8.2 b3734) on a new HP 17-x115dx (latest i7 processor, 8gb ram, WIndows 10 Version 1703 OS Build 15063.296). Did not even load any decks... just downloading contentunlimited to cache for later use. TaskManager shows memory usage of VirtualDJ growing with every song/title downloaded. Naturally the problem becomes much worse downloading HD videos (much larger file sizes).

Conclusion: Memory not being relinquished when cached file is written to disk.

Can someone verify my findings and hopefully they can issue an update with the problem patched?

Mensajes Mon 22 May 17 @ 2:34 pm
I have tried to revert back to previous versions but the problem exists in each version I have tried. (http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html) The oldest version available to download is 3286 and problem exists in it as well. Where can I download earlier versions of 8? I really do not want to go back to version 7.4 for my next gig.

Mensajes Mon 22 May 17 @ 10:23 pm
have you tried updating your video drivers could be the leak is in those drivers :-)

Mensajes Mon 22 May 17 @ 11:45 pm
I've replicated this problem on multiple computers. AMD and Intel based CPU's, ATI and NVIDIA video cards. The problem is not driver based. It is a programming issue with the ContentUnlimited download to cache. Just opening the program and ONLY downloading to cache caused VirtualDJ to consume more and more memory until the 32bit program limit. The memory grows with each download and stops growing when no content is being downloaded.

I suspect the memory is being allocated but not released causing the application to consume all available memory.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 1:35 am
This issue has been fixed for the next update

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 6:42 am
Installed version 3752 today and confirmed the ContentUnlimited memory leak problem has been corrected!

Being an information security professional who has found and identified vulnerabilities for numerous company's over the years, rarely do I see such a quick software correction made and a patch released.

A BIG THANK YOU to Atomix Productions management and development teams!

Sandor J. Szanto MS-ISA, MBA-ITM

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 1:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)