Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Virtual DJ is a expensive - VAT - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So I wanted to check the price of a full version Virtual DJ.
$299 US
exchange rate is about 398.87
Virtual DJ converts it $441 or so.

Serato
$299 US
Converts Via paypal to $415 or so

WTF? I've wanted to get a full version without resulting to illegally downloading it but why does Virtual DJ make it so hard for me to get it affordably in my territory (Australia). Maybe if you could use the monthly subscription to pay off a full version it might be feasible but that is not at all possible now is it? Nice going Virtual DJ. I might switch just switch to Serato. At least then I might gain some credibility for using that instead.

Hmm anyway. What I want to know, is what is the cheapest way to get a full version of Virtual DJ? Is there any way? How can I go about it without resorting to a torrent? There must be a way I don't have to pay out the arse purely for the ability to Connect my controller up, hit record, and create mixes for more than 10 minutes at a time, (minus the set up time of course). Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks because I hate dealing with this.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 4:38 am
he hii

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 6:10 am
You can pay pr month or pr controller if you like. It's on the Buy page

But yes, VDJ may be one of the more expensive DJing SWs out there. It should be the most expensive - it's by far the best one

EDIT: Just saw that you are now a pro level user. So I guess you found an acceptabel way

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 9:23 am
Why are are you looking to use the best if you can't afford it? use an cheaper alternative or find a way to afford it.. or find your torrent a rip off a genuinely good company.

As a long term user of VDJ and pretty much all the other credible DJ software i can see why it is more costly.

It has gone up a lot since i bought it but still worth it.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 9:55 am
Ace, you should be able to get the money spent on VDJ back after the first or second gig, probably.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 10:36 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Also, not sure about the tax system in 'strailia but as a on the books working dj, sw is a tool of the trade, therefore a tax deductible.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 11:46 am
locodog wrote :
Also, not sure about the tax system in 'strailia but as a on the books working dj, sw is a tool of the trade, therefore a tax deductible.

Definitely tax deductible in Australia if you have an ABN

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 2:04 pm
Virtual DJ is well worth the money and I think it's a very fair and affordable price for all it offers.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 7:30 pm
BootyMover wrote :
Virtual DJ is well worth the money and I think it's a very fair and affordable price for all it offers.

But the issue here is moreso the fact that being in Australia I have to pay a fair amount more just due to location and it's BS!

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 12:16 am
Ace Anytime wrote :
BootyMover wrote :

But the issue here is moreso the fact that being in Australia I have to pay a fair amount more just due to location and it's BS!

But isnt that because of the rules on your side. Currency translation and fees.

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 2:06 am
Another thing to look at.... with VDJ you can use just about ANY controller made. With serato you are locked into using what's on their approved list. It may or may not sound like a big deal, but if you pick up a decent second hand controller if you're using VDJ you'll have more options and that can save you some $$.

J

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 8:30 am
Ace Anytime wrote :
BootyMover wrote :

Yes, I understand now. I wonder why it is that way being that it is a virtual downloadable product! It should be the same price worldwide.

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 3:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You'll have to convince the australian government of that

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 3:53 pm
Same with UK VAT at 20% and the weak pound against the dollar. Apple, M$ & Adobe have all increased UK prices over 20% lately.

Nothing to be done about it.

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 3:58 pm
You really can't compare the price of Virtual DJ to others, because it is a on time cost and you get everything. Factor in what the others charge extra for, and then compare.

Mensajes Wed 24 May 17 @ 9:18 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ace Anytime wrote :
I might switch just switch to Serato. At least then I might gain some credibility

Are you saying the Serato community/fans/followers are that easily pleased?

In other worlds, like the one the rest of us are living in, we use talent, skill, and experience to gain credibility. We also use that to gain money.

Way to make Australia proud, Ace. :(

Mensajes Thu 25 May 17 @ 8:30 am
Ace Anytime wrote :
BootyMover wrote :

Yeah i know what you mean there.. software price hikes all over the board for us 'lucky' australians. Not really Atomix fault

Mensajes Thu 25 May 17 @ 12:28 pm
SipDudeHome userMember since 2017
I too looked into other software and have a friend over the pond that ended up paying for a subscription but he's always complaining about the cost.

I told him A. It's great, If not the best out there as far as features and compatibility and has a great support structure. (That's huge in my book!)

and B. If you are making money with it it's going to be an expense on your taxes and to write it off.

My biggest gripe is I'm a retired DJ from the 80's. (I spun vinyl the old fashioned way) I amassed quite the collection and still have my coffin and speakers set up in my game room. I d/l the software for personal use and would absolutely LOVE to buy and use a controller with this for more than 10 minutes at a time. I don't mind using my PC but where I DJ'd in the physical sense I would love to be able to play with a controller for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I'd love to hear an official response from the staff on this. Because I won't pay any sort of monthly subscription to occasionally mix something up with my friends in the man cave or be limited to 10 minutes at a shot with an inexpensive controller off of Amazon.

Just an old schooler missing the physical in the virtual world. (Am I alone in this thought process???)

Anyone? Thoughts?

TIA

Mensajes Sat 27 May 17 @ 7:39 pm
Are you sure you want to go the controller route?

I mean, if you have turntables then why not go for DVS/timecode? $149 for a timecode license.

Mensajes Sat 27 May 17 @ 7:52 pm
SipDudeHome userMember since 2017
I don't think any of that would work with my legacy Technic 1200's from the 80's.

Mensajes Sat 27 May 17 @ 10:31 pm
57%