Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Custom mapping the Denon MCX8000

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have had my MCX8000 for some weeks now and until now I haven't started to make any custom mapping except for change of FX.
It seems much is already mapped according to my preferences, which is good, but still there are a lot of nice mapping possibilities with this beast and I cannot wait to try out a few soon. :)
For the buttons and faders I kind of understand how to do it, but what is possible to do with the screens ?
I guess much of the screen info is hardcoded in VDJ and cannot be changed through custom mapping , right ?
I think about for example:
Size of the font, harmonic key / note , colours of text...

For you guys who consider the MCX8000 but being hesitant due to instability problems and other things read from different forums (for example DenonDJ forum w Serato) go ahead. Together with VDJ this excellent piece of hardware works brilliant.
It's really funny that a unit built for Serato does work better together with VDJ which the devs had to reverse engineer mapping and so on.

I still have to raise a finger of caution. The Engine PC software that's included in the MCX8000 to analyze tracks and set cue points etc and for use in standalone mode, this piece of software is crap. The devs must have been pushed really hard to release something a particular date, because I cannot understand why on earth they have released such an unstable application.
Luckily, the standalone mode for me is only used as a backup system, and I just use thumb drives with tracks on, and I don't care about BPM or cue points for this.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 7:18 am
MrJackson2014 wrote :
The Engine PC software that's included in the MCX8000 to analyze tracks and set cue points etc and for use in standalone mode, this piece of software is crap. .

Absolut agree with you, but time will tell...
And yes:
The DEVs did a brilliant job for this unit (and with VDJ8!).

You can try to map anything you want because you can fall back to the factory-default mapping with no problem.
But I really do not miss anything with the factory-default at all ;o)

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 7:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Everything that can be customized can be found in the mapper list.
The screens on most controllers are not controlled pixel-by-pixel, the actual rendering on the screen is done by the firmware of the unit.
So VDJ only sends what to display, but stuff like font size and placement are usually hard-coded in the unit itself.

Mensajes Tue 23 May 17 @ 7:56 am
Hello,

Virtual dj is really good working with this controller.

In the standard virtual dj skin, I have only 1 button for effects. How can I make 3 buttons, like the hardware and give them an individual effect ?

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 17 @ 10:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 17 @ 10:47 pm
Thanks DjDad for your quick help !

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 8:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)