Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Why won't my paid for/licensed controller work anymore? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

It seems like every time I open VDJ, it asks me to download updates or upgrade. I typically accept because it magically starts locking up mid-set when I don't. Typically there is no problem. However, today, after doing the latest update, it's telling me that the license for my controller is no good.

At one point, it tells me that my license is for V7.
However, in the My licenses tab it clearly shows that I have a "VirtualDJ 8 CONTROLLER License for MIXTRACKPROII." Also, it displays my old VDJ 7 license but won't display my license for the "VirtualDJ 8 CONTROLLER License for MIXTRACKPROI"

Why should I have to pay for the controller license because your pop-ups harass me into upgrading?

So is VDJ going to force me to pay for a new license fee to use my controller every time there is a software update? If so, I'll go ahead an jump ship to software that other DJs have been using instead.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 3:46 am
it gets better. It's now telling me I already have the license but wont let me use it. I'm open to suggestions or a response from customer service.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 5:24 am

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 5:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you post a screenshot of the message that your license is no good?
Does your controller stop working?

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 5:44 am
The only lic# that shows up in my "MY LICENSES" Tab is the lic # for VDJ 7. But it will not show me the Lic for VDJ 8 controller license. But of course it will not work without me re-entering the controller lic# that I cannot attain through my "My License" tab.

However, as shown above, it clearly detects that I have the license when I am signed in.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 6:13 am
Adion wrote :
Can you post a screenshot of the message that your license is no good?
Does your controller stop working?

I think I was getting this error message because I was trying the old Lic# from V7. However, you can clearly see that I have V8 Controller License.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 6:26 am
VirtualDJ 8 does not require license numbers.
If you are logged in in VDJ 8, and it shows your license in the Config->License tab, then everything is fine.

Unless your controller is not working, but you are not mentioning that?

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 6:28 am
The controller is not working with VDJ 8. Control Panel indicates that it is working. But, once I open VDJ 8, I get the Error Message that it is not working and then clicking on the error ICONs indicates I have a License Issue.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 6:57 am

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 6:58 am

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 6:58 am
Once I click on the Error Icons, it the POP-UP indicates that I have a License Issue.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 7:00 am
In the audio tab, click the big 'Numark Mixtrack Pro II' button at the top to set the audio config to the correct configuration.

Edit: The reason you get the license popup is because the audio setup is not correct for this controller.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 7:01 am
That worked.

But this all had nothing to do with Licensing.

Would VDJ consider a pop-up indicating a problem with audio config as the problem vs. the License Issue? I just wasted 3 hours on this when I typically only have about 2 hours a week to even practice DJing.

Also, I had no issues with audio config before I did the recommended software update.

I do appreciate your help though.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 7:09 am
The first popup does say 'soundcard not available', which is what the actual problem was.

(It can happen when switching usb ports for example that the name slightly changes, for example the '5 - ' that you see at the beginning of the name in your first screenshot may have changed to '6 - ')

The problem is that at that point vdj can't tell if the no-longer-available name belongs to the controller that you have a license for, and that's why you get the license message for analog mixer.
I'll see if we could make this smarter

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 7:29 am
davelowline wrote :
Why should I have to pay for the controller license because your pop-ups harass me into upgrading?

So is VDJ going to force me to pay for a new license fee to use my controller every time there is a software update? If so, I'll go ahead an jump ship to software that other DJs have been using instead.

You have been here since 2013, and know that no one has ever had to pay for a software update. Now that that's cleared up, it seems that you were trying to sign in, using a number that was not needed. You do not have to sign in to version 8. I don't know if you used it on a 3rd machine, but you can only be logged into 2 machines at a time. If you log into a 3rd machine, it will log you out of one of the other 2. It is not necessary to log out of the software.

After you have selected the correct sound config, in the bottom right hand corner of the sound card config, type the name in the drop down, and hit the little save button next to it.

Sometimes, the software will revert to the default sound card, when it updates, and your controller is not connected. You have to make sure that your soundcard is selected. Glad it worked out for you.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 7:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
davelowline wrote :
That worked.

But this all had nothing to do with Licensing.

I get your point.
But in a way, it has to do with licencing.

You chose a sound setup for an analog mixer, which requires an analog mixer licence.
That's what VDJ tried to tell you.
But I agree. If you don't know that, it's hard to understand what the actual problem is.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 7:25 am
It's difficult to see how it could be made any easier.

At the moment, when a supported controller is plugged in, a large message appears in a box on screen, telling the user that they've just plugged in X and prompting them to click the audio setup button. There's also a big button on the audio config page for setting the audio correctly for the connected hardware.

On top of that there are manuals available for a large number of supported controllers, which also tell people how to set things up.

If somebody chooses to ignore all of that, well....

:-)

Mensajes Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 4:50 pm
Hi!
I wonder what happens if i buy a full vdj 8 license infinity, i guess, and have to go to an event, where is no internet. Thought, must take a main computer, and a backup one too, because it is supposed to be professional. Meaning that in the location is not internet available, can i use either one or the other indistinctly?

Mensajes Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 12:34 am
user12044988 wrote :
Hi!
I wonder what happens if i buy a full vdj 8 license infinity, i guess, and have to go to an event, where is no internet. Thought, must take a main computer, and a backup one too, because it is supposed to be professional. Meaning that in the location is not internet available, can i use either one or the other indistinctly?

Yes. You can be logged into VDJ on 2 computers at the same time with the same license
You only need to login once, normally done just after install
If you login to VDJ on a third computer, the first one is logged out, and will ask to be logged in again
But if you are in a place without internet, it won't know, because it can't call HQ, so it will just work based on it's existing login

Mensajes Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 2:09 pm
Very much thanks for the reply.
English is not my language, but i understood that effectively, i can have 2 computers workin with my (future) full license. I mean, go to some gig, carring 2 computers, if one fails, thats not 'fully unusual, the other must work, and in the location, surely is no internet, and if there would , also it is no password available, nor time to make such corrections, more than start the other machine and begin to play again
If i made a misunderstood, please, let me know
Thanks again

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 2:39 pm
91%