Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: automix_add_next Implementation

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

How do I use the new feature "automix_add_next"?

VDJ 8.2 b3780 (Windows 7) There had been numerous requests in the past
on this forum for this feature so I thought the implementation would
be obvious and straightforward. Wasn't the whole point of this feature
to be able to scroll through a song or file list, right click on a
song, and then upon seeing the automix_add_next option,
click on it and the song appears next on your automix playlist? I do not
see any automix_add_next options.

(If I am listing this query on the wrong forum, please correct me)

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 6:27 pm
You need to map to a key or add as a custom button or pad ......

Automix active - will add as next track after the one currently playing
Automix not active - adds to bottom of current automix list

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 6:45 pm
[quote=kradcliffe]You need to map to a key or add as a custom button or pad ......

Automix active - will add as next track after the one currently playing
Automix not active - adds to bottom of current automix list
------
Thanks for the response. The implementation of this feature is not at all intuitive
or user friendly. I have seen your name many times on these forums and if
you are part of Atomix, may I suggest a few things that would help DJ's with
these types of program requests and issues?:

1) Atomix should NOT assume that DJ's are computer programmers. In
fact, they should assume that DJ's ARE NOT programmers! When
an ease of improvement request is made and that feature is eventually
added, make that feature easily understandable, usable and available to
the average user in a straightforward, obvious and intuitive manner ...
WITHOUT REQUIRING PROGRAMMING. [see (2)]

2) Why not make the automix_add_next feature work seamlessly
and easily within VDJ just like the many prior requests were asking for ? ie ...
... 2a) Highlight ANYsong file, anywhere in VDJ
... 2b) Right click the file
... 2c) OPTION automix_add_next is available.

THAT FEATURE WOULD BE SO USEFUL AND APPRECIATED!

( I am not yelling, I'm just expressing my enthusiasm)

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 7:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
His bio says
Computer Programmer and IT Manager.

And yet he still wants spoon feeding.
*sigh*

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 8:38 pm
I'm not part of Atomix.

You don't need to be a programmer to add a custom button. There are so many features in VDJ required by specific users (like yourself) that can't possibly be on a dedicated button or a right click as there would be no room for them all.

In this case I think the implementation is correct so maybe you just need to make yourself more familiar with the workings of VDJ. Surely you don't need spoon fed for things like this. It's basic stuff.

locodog wrote :
His bio says
Computer Programmer and IT Manager.

I seem to remember him saying he went all over the country comparing dance competitions. Maybe it's an alter-ego!

Keith

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 8:39 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 7:16 am
Thank you PachN and kradcliffe for giving me useful information.
The same cannot be said for locodog:

locodog wrote :
His bio says Computer Programmer and IT Manager.
And yet he still wants spoon feeding. *sigh*

----------------------------------
I think that type of response is totally uncalled for by a professional in a professional forum!
What can you possibly hope to gain by insulting someone that you don't even know, in
a public forum? All it demonstrates is your own ignorance. All I am doing is asking
questions, trying to clarify a new feature and its implementation, and your totally
inappropriate and unproductive response contributes nothing useful and is designed
solely to denigrate the inquiring user ... How sad!

YES, I am also adding my input and suggestions as a user on how VDJ could be made
a little more user friendly, but that input certainly does NOT warrant a childish and
immature response. Where are the FORUM moderators, who should be putting a stop
to this kind of insulting conduct? All this behavior accomplishes is to alienate the user
base.

ATOMIX already has a PR problem with users feeling intimidated and estranged when
they attempt to get information on this forum, so much so, that there are alternative VDJ
Facebook and internet groups which have been established specifically because of the
many VDJ users who are tired of being insulted on the ATOMIX forums.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 6:34 pm
We've heard all this before from you. You always play the victim and pick holes in everything. I can easily dig up some of your previous rants if you want a reminder.

Oh, and I guess you are still violating the EULA by playing at professional dance competitions with a home controller licence?

Irrespective of that you have been given the answer you asked for. If you don't like the attitude on the forum then go to one of the FB groups and see if it's any better.

I'm sure the mods would step in if they found anyone treating you unfairly as this forum is monitored.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 7:28 pm
This is a public forum, owned by the Atomix company. There are rules in place to keep it civil. There are many personalities, from all walks of life, and different cultures. As a moderator, it is my obligation to maintain some form of civility, by enforcing those rules. I'm not a censor. This is the real world, and to expect all humans to act a certain way, is unrealistic. That is why forums have moderators. All moderators are not the same, so don't expect all of us to act like robots. I believe we all have an obligation to the company, to make this a pleasant place to come for help. However, I can't anticipate every little emotional response to a post, nor should I. I try to put myself in the shoes of others, and will not tolerate abuse on the forums. Some of us may be a little more sensitive than others, but again, this is the real world and we should not try to stifle a persons right to their opinions. There are fights on here all the time, as any one would expect to happen with so many personalities present.

If someone said that to you in the office, what would your response be? You may have been offended, but I don't see it as a violations of our rules. As for users being intimidated to come here, I just don't see that. However, I have not taken a poll, so can't be sure. It's not like it is some kind of maze full of monsters here. I get more abuse at a sweet 16 party. I don't know of any forum that is totally harmonic. All I can say is, I will treat you the same as I treat everyone else.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 8:49 pm
I ask some pretty stupid questions and have never been insulted. But then again I may not realize it. So still no foul...

Mensajes Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 3:57 am
That's funny.

Mensajes Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 4:16 am
Fallguy are you living ontop of an indian burial site :-)

Mensajes Sun 09 Jul 17 @ 1:36 am
Should I start digging?

Mensajes Sun 09 Jul 17 @ 3:22 pm
Done. Build 3826

-Add right-click options Play Next, Add To Automix and Mix Now while automix is enabled

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 7:48 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Done. Build 3826
Add right-click options Play Next, Add To Automix and Mix Now while automix is enabled

WOW ... I just got updated to v3848 and checked out the new AutoMix added features:
... All I can say is: PERFECT IMPLEMENTATION!
"Good Job" Atomix Staff.

Mensajes Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 7:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)