Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: I LOST MY CUSTOMIZATIONS: CUE POINTS AND LOOPS

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I lost my cue points and loops for some weird reason. One day I put VDJ on and all customizations were lost about a week after I did them. Tech Support sent me some instructions about giving VDJ folders full access but it didn't work, my files and folders already had full access.
I'm using windows 7 and a Numark NS6.
URGENT HELP NEEDED,
THANKS.

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 4:55 am
The settings for VDJ itself is in the \documents\virtualdj\settings.xml file, and the info for each track (like cue points) are in the documents\virtualdj\database.xml file
So my first step would be to open those in a text editor and check if the info is still in there
If it is, then the support approach is correct, and you need to figure out why you operating system isn't letting VDJ use the files
But if those files have somehow been lost, corrupted or overwritten, and you don't have a backup, the info is probably lost

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 5:35 am
Thanks a lot, I will try that.
Why will the files be lost if it is?
I still have the songs in the file but the cues and loops are gone.

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 6:35 am
It's hard to say exactly what happened especially from afar

But if something goes wrong on operating system level, VDJ will fight to get back, and in some cases create new files so that it can continue working.
But of course those won't have all the info anymore

For that reason I backup my \documents\virtualdj folder pretty often, so I can copy things back if I loose something.
Especially the database.xml file and playlists, but also settings.xml and custom controller mappings and keyboard mappings
It's all in the \documents\virtualdj folder and sub folders

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 6:57 am
You are a wealth of knowledge my friend. I thank you so much. I wish the VDJ support team were as helpful. For the most part, it feels as if we are bothering them.
I will let you know what happens.
Best regards.

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 8:39 am
You could also restore a file to a previous version (if you have automatic backup points set in Window) by rightclicking the propertys of the settings.XML and go to the tab "Versions"

It saved me after I clicked "Reset to Factory" by accident :)

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 5:29 pm
Thanks a lot

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 8:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)