Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: M-audio M-Track and Numark Party mix controller - Headphones problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have M-audio M-Track and Numark Party mix controller, and Subscription licence for VDJ 8.2, so every controller or soundcard should work fine in a matter of licences etc...And I want to use M-track as my main sound card for output to speakers (m-audio BX 5) and I want headphones to use with my Party mix....

so, I made that TWO SOUNDCARD option, and set master to channel 1&2 usin M-track , and headphones to partymix and channel 3&4... and headphones doesn't work..when press apply, it just shows "error" next to it on far right, and windows gives error message also saying "no soundcard" or something like that...

anyone?

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 6:35 pm
VirtualDJ - no sound card
PartyMix failed to
initialized device

error that windows shows me when set headphones to use party mix sound card and set to chan 1&2 or 3&4 or whatever....

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 6:41 pm
and I have also tried factory reset inb otions in VDJ ... no help

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 6:43 pm
Are either the M Track or the Party Mix set as default audio devices in Windows?

They should not be. Set Windows to use the built in soundcard, not your DJ interfaces.

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 8:39 pm
Yes, i set m-track as default device for playback in windows, it is sound card and I want to use it as default card, not built in card... How this can be a problem ?
btw I tried to set windows sound card as default but default button is greyed out (AMD HDMI output is windows built in card I think, but it also has little red arrou pointing down on icon, and greyed out "set default" option), so I set "speakers" as default and same thing, headphones doesnt work... hmm

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 8:51 pm
The audio devices that you choose for VDJ to work with, should be exclusively for VDJ.

That's the normal requirement for DJs. You don't want Windows sounds (or sound from other software) coming through your speakers when you're DJing.

That's also standard for ASIO audio interfaces. Normally they will only work with a single source - in this case it's Virtual DJ.

I don't understand why you're involving the M Track in your setup. Firstly, it's not a DJ interface (only one stereo output) and secondly you have a more suitable interface in the Party Mix - TWO stereo channels. One for master out and one for headphone cue. The M Track is not required.

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:01 pm
I don't know how, but on another computer it all worked well with M-track set as default in windows and in VDJ also set as master, and headphones set to Party mix..

the reason I use M audio m track is stupid actually - I use it because I cant get speakers connect/plug in to Party mix, again because Party mix doesnt have needed jacks in right size... My speakers are M audio BX5 and they have big jacks on other end, and Party mix has small jack for master L and R speaker on the back...

so, I dont know how to solve this problem... to buy extensions that will shrinken size of speaker jacks so they can plug in party mix? dont know, really

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:09 pm
Yes, simply buy the correct type of cable!

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:20 pm
thanks a lot... I will do that

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:22 pm

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:25 pm
hm now i have disconnected M audio m track interface, I have set computers sound card as default in windows, and now in VDJ when i click use soundcard or in setting when i make master party mix and headphones party mix, neither is working! master is no soundcard error, and headphones are no sound error.... anyone>?

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:50 pm
ok, i restarted program and now seems like its working. whatever

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:53 pm
To be honest, it sounds like maybe your Partymix is broken.

Is it new or second hand?

Try it with a different USB cable. Also, does Windows detect the Partymix when it's plugged in?

Does the Partymix audio interface show in Windows as an option? Can you route Windows sound through the Partymix (just as a test)?

If Windows detects it then VDJ should be able to use it.

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 9:56 pm
I guess it all messed up when I combine M track wit party mix, somehow two cards doesnt work... so I bought 2 right cables and plug all to party mix... now it works.. thanks!

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 7:18 pm
It's always better to use one audio interface if at all possible.

When you're trying to use two, that means two different drivers. Two different manufacturers, different hardware. Possibly different sound quality or audio levels. Different latency etc. etc.

It's a potential nightmare.

Two of the same interfaces (as DJs used to do in the very early days) is better but still not as good as just having one that is designed for the job.

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 7:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)