Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Audio With VDJ 8 just doesnt seem right?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So I have been using VDJ7 for a while now but have recently switched over to VDJ8 but since doing so the audio just doesn't seem as good im finding myself having to mess around with the volumes a lot to get things sounding close but if im just having a little mix at home and a banger drops and I want to make it loud and proud it just seems as though the power isn't there am i doing something wrong?

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:07 am
The audio on v8 is much more clear and "honest" than is was in v7, so that may be why. Clear sound sounds lower/less powerful than slightly distorted sound
In general the probably below standard sound engine in v6 and v7 was the first thing pro sound people would bring up when discussing VDJ in the past
Luckily v8 doesn't have such sound issues

There is also a mandatory limiter in v8, that you don't want to hit (it will blink red at the top of the screen). v7 pretty much just let it sound bad in that situation
To not hit the limiter for boosted tracks a lot of people set zeroDB in v8 to -3db or even -6db
That gives you great headroom and clear sound, but it will sound as lower volumes to your ear
Of course you fix this by amplifying the output a bit more in the PA

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:15 am
It could be the VDJ 8 limiting.

In VDJ 8 the limiter(s) can't be turned off. They're in place to protect your computer and any audio system it's plugged into.

The feature was added in VDJ 7.3 but was originally optional.

In theory you shouldn't notice any issues unless you start pushing gains/volumes too hard (running things 'in the red') when the limiter will kick to prevent overload.

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:20 am
Try this with one of the songs that you like to play. Exit VDJ, then find the song file in your file system. Make a copy of the file and paste it to the same location... if you like you can rename the copied file. When you start VDJ8 it will be forced to analyse the song from scratch. Then you can compare the original song with the duplicate song. Both will be the same file but one would have been analysed from scratch and the database entries won't be fooled by any of the old VDJ7 database details. It could be that the Output Gain is different.

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 2:30 pm
Is it the input or the output that seems low? How high is the input meters reaching? What is the zero db set at?

Mensajes Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 6:09 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)