Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Issues with the Pioneer DDJ_SZ (1st one) Please help !!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just picked up a DDJ-SZ and I am having a couple issues with it. I can't use the FX buttons at the top of each channel. They won't engage. Also, the built in sound color effects start to work as soon as I hit a button. They should not do anything while the High/Low pass knobs are at 12 O,clock. One last thing. I want my pitch sliders to work just like a 1200 turntable. No auto features at all. How to I turn all the crap off. Thanks everyone for reading and responding

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 3:35 am
michaelsleep wrote :
I just picked up a DDJ-SZ and I am having a couple issues with it. I can't use the FX buttons at the top of each channel. They won't engage. Also, the built in sound color effects start to work as soon as I hit a button. They should not do anything while the High/Low pass knobs are at 12 O,clock. One last thing. I want my pitch sliders to work just like a 1200 turntable. No auto features at all. How to I turn all the crap off. Thanks everyone for reading and responding

To answer your third question,
- You can turn off key-lock if you want the tone of the track to change with the pitch like on old turntables. Click the 2 down arrows bellow the TAP button to get the key-lock button to appear
- You can set the pitch range to match old turn tables. Click the little dot below the pitch slider, and select Pitch range and the range you want
- you can disable the auto bpm options like this:

I don't own a DDJ-SZ myself, so I don't think I can fully answer your first 2 questions - sorry
But looking at the mapping for it, the fx assign buttons on top of the channels don't engage effects. Instead they clone the effects between channels
You can of course change the mapping to do anything you want:

You can see how the SZ is supposed to work with VDJ here:
http://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz.html

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 5:08 am
Thanks. The pitch lock is actually the only thing I actually want it to do. LOL

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 6:01 am
BTW: The COLOR FX are hardware operated in SZ. This means that the hardware is responsible for the sound they produce and that you should not remap them in VirtualDj.
Also you should not change the <ONINIT> key of your mapper.

Finally as already mentioned, the FX ASSIGN buttons are used to clone effects from one deck to another.
Please read the VirtualDj operations manual here: http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz.html

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 6:35 am
That's fine. I get that. However, If I turn on an effect say on channel 1 and try to use the FX buttons on the top of the sliders they don't work... I downloaded a mapper for VDJ7 and they actually work They do not work in 8.2

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 7:01 am
Did you read the effects section of the manual ?

Technically they DO WORK. They don't operate the same way as in version 7 though and that's not a bug, it's by design...
On VirtualDj 8, the LEFT FX section (FX1 Unit) will always control the effects of the LEFT deck (1 or 3) and the RIGHT FX section (FX2 Unit) will always control the effects of the RIGHT deck (2 or 4)
Therefore you can't use the "FX ASSIGN 2" button on deck 1 to have the FX2 unit control the effects of deck 1.
Instead, you can copy the effects list from one deck to another by using these buttons.

Again, that's by DESIGN since VirtualDj does NOT use the same approach on effects as Serato. VirtualDj does not have 2 Global FX units that you can assign on decks. Instead it has one FX unit per deck (plus master, sampler, mic, e.t.c.)

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 7:58 am
You do realise there are two FX modes (single and multi)?

Which mode are you in? Behaviour/access will change depending on the mode. The knobs and buttons do different things.

It's all detailed in the manuals. See the wiki for the latest VDJ 8 manual and the VDJ Setup Guide for your SZ.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 7:59 am
So basically the FX ASSIGN buttons (11 according to the manual) are useless regardless what mode i'm in

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 2:48 pm
No they're not useless. They just have a different function to what you're expecting/wanting.

As mentioned earlier, you can map those buttons to do something else if they're "useless" in their current form.

BTW @Atomix staff, this section of the SZ manaul needs changing:

11 FX ASSIGN. Define the Channels that will be controlled by the FX1 and FX2 Deck units. See EFFECTS.
[djdad : fixed]

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 3:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)