Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Auto update issues - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Have been stock with V8.2pc b3848.1338 for a while now. Each time I open the app, it tells me there is an update and do I want to update to the new version with the latest fixes. Each time I say OK to update but nothing happens. It used to close the app and then reopens with the latest version. Just wondering if I now need to manually download and install the updates, or is there a glitch that some had experienced before? Anyone?

Mensajes Sat 07 Oct 17 @ 2:17 pm
I have the same issue with VDJ on this PC (my main one). I have tried replacing settings.xml in case that was affecting things. I have also tried reinstalling VDJ 8, but it still refuses to close & reopen VDJ when there's an update.

I just download the update from the builds page now. It's not so convenient, but as I can't figure out the cause, I have no choice.

http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Mensajes Sat 07 Oct 17 @ 3:17 pm
DJ FusiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Try 2 stop the Antivirus & malware programs before updating

Mensajes Sun 08 Oct 17 @ 5:07 am
Same problem here will not update

Mensajes Sun 08 Oct 17 @ 7:36 am
Turning off anti virus made to no difference. It is still stuck on "You've been updated!" screen.

Mensajes Sun 08 Oct 17 @ 8:01 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Same thing here but did what groovindj recommends.

Now I am hoping it get fixed and not having to manually download and install the updates when update becomes public.

Mensajes Sun 08 Oct 17 @ 10:33 am
New update BUILD 3936 and again will have to manually update or else I will stuck in the past. Agreed with groovin manually is not convenient.

Mensajes Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 11:50 pm
+1

Mensajes Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 8:20 am
Thank you all for your comments. For now, I will download the update and install it manually, even though its kinda inconvenient but that's how I am able to get the updates. In a way, this might be safe! Cheeeeers Y'aall.!

Mensajes Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 11:50 pm
New update BUILD 3936 and again will have to manually update

Same problem here.

W10 Home, latest updates.[/quote]

[/quote]

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 6:41 am
Same problem for me, on latest Win10 version

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Guys, please let us know from which Build does the Auto-update fails, so that we can try to reproduce here.
Are you all on 3848 as the OP reported ?

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 12:05 am
I am on b3848 build. windows 10.
It gets as far as saying downloading then update screen disappears and stays on this build.

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 1:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you also get a message saying the update failed?

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 8:07 am
Adion wrote :
Do you also get a message saying the update failed?

No it briefly says downloading on the default skin for 1 second then continues as if no updates were even available.

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 8:15 am
No point me telling you which build, because it happens every time, on every build.

The only way of me getting new builds is to download and install them manually, which works - but then if there's ever an update, the message appears, I click yes - and VDJ just sits there.

I think it does download something, but then VDJ doesn't shut down, update and restart like it used to.

Possibly related to the long outstanding issue of VDJ not closing properly (remaing running in the background)?

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 5:05 pm
First this problem exist only on my back-up computer.

Today i try auto-update from v8.2 b3961 to b3967 but now, for the first time, i have exactly the same problem on my main computer.

w10 home, i7, 64 bit, 16 GB, latest updates.

Mensajes Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 6:53 pm
A fix is on the way guys. Adion's found the problem.

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 9:37 am
groovindj wrote :
A fix is on the way guys. Adion's found the problem.

Good news.

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 2:05 pm
Thanks a lot, probleem solved.

Mensajes Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 8:43 am
57%