Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: [NEW] Reloop Touch controller - VirtualDJ 8 Pro included - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Reloop TOUCH
7" FULL COLOUR TOUCHSCREEN PERFORMANCE CONTROLLER,
SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR VIRTUALDJ

Reloop TOUCH is the world's first DJ controller with an integrated 7"-touchscreen.
TOUCH was developed in co-operation with VirtualDJ. Comes with VirtualDJ 8 PRO included.

VERSATILE TOUCHSCREEN
Display of waveform and track information, real-time control of effects, comfortable track browsing, and more.
Video mixing can be played back in full screen mode.

4-CHANNEL CLUB MIXER WITH FX UNIT
4-channel club mixer layout and with a combined EQ/filter section,
high-resolution jog wheels, fader-FX units etc.

PERFORMANCE PAD SECTION
RGB performance pads, offer 16 customized modes.
All performance modes can be adjusted extensively via the PARAM button.

USB AUDIO INTERFACE
Built-in audio interface with high-retention USB port,
balanced and unbalanced master outs, headphones out and mic input.

For more info:
http://www.reloop.com/reloop-touch

For manual:
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/reloop/touch/index.html

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 1:00 pm
No EQ on the mic input. Shame.

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 2:12 pm
Wow.
Who knew about this?
I had no idea :)

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 3:09 pm
I was just about to post something about this new controller. Personally I think it's a great move for VDJ and I hope we see much more of things like this in the near future.

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 3:15 pm
I did, I know this gonna happened? it's just been a matter of time?

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 3:38 pm
Does anybody know why it has to be Win 8 or higher?
(Yes I know - I'm living in the dark ages with Win7)
Since VDJ8 runs great in Win7, I guess it's the drivers that need Win 8?

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 4:49 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I really don't know what to think about this unit, I suppose I'd have to give it a go but I have some reservations. I'd prefer it if the jogwheels are performance pads swapped positions, and the unit didn't go with a mirrored layout (although the pitch faders on the outside does make sense). On first glance it looks as if the unit has VDJ8 integrated for standalone operation, but this doesn't seem to be the case. FX sliders instead of knobs is an interesting choice, but the logic behind the decision isn't clear other than to be different.

The price point puts the controller in an interesting position though, so it may do well once people see it in operation.

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 5:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
klausmogensen wrote :
Does anybody know why it has to be Win 8 or higher?
(Yes I know - I'm living in the dark ages with Win7)
Since VDJ8 runs great in Win7, I guess it's the drivers that need Win 8?

According to the manufacture of the drivers Windows 7 is supported. Havent tested though but should work.

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 5:24 pm

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 5:27 pm
djdad wrote :

According to the manufacture of the drivers Windows 7 is supported. Havent tested though but should work.

Would it be possible to do a quick test to see if it runs with Win7, even though it's not officially supported?

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 5:37 pm
What's this I've read about a split pad mode that allows two pad modes to be used at once?

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 5:48 pm
From the music blogs..

"Reloop’s new touchscreen DJ controller changes the game.... The screen is sick"
http://routenote.com/blog/reloops-new-touch-screen-dj-controller-changes-game/

Reloop’s Touch DJ controller lets you perform using a 7-inch touchscreen
http://www.musicradar.com/news/reloops-touch-dj-controller-lets-you-perform-using-a-7-inch-touchscreen

“We are exited about the Reloop Touch, which was developed in close collaboration with VirtualDJ,” says Reloop CEO Gerald Barbyer. “This first of its kind DJ controller is equipped with a highly responsive 7-inch full-colour display that allows you to creatively interact with the touch screen and customize your workflow - ensuring you focus your hands and eyes on the centre of your performance.”

"Reloop and Virtual DJ have managed to make this controller stand out from the crowd is due to a number of cool features... device that's the clear result of a very successful collaboration!"
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/news/reloop-touch-follows-virtual-dj-guidelines

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 5:52 pm
groovindj wrote :
What's this I've read about a split pad mode that allows two pad modes to be used at once?

There is no "special" Split mode actually, so the Pads don't have any weird firmware to provide split functionality. The unit offers 16 different Pad modes, 3 of them offer "split" functionality, meaning that you can have 4/8 Hotcues at the top Pads and Samples, Auto Loops, Manual Loops etc at the Bottom Pads.
The "Split" wording was taken from other Reloop controllers (Beatmix 2/4) where the Pads were offering the Split functionality in a firmware/hardware way, which was limiting customization. In this case, the Pads can be fully customized via the VirtualDJ Pad Editor.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/reloop/touch/layout/pads.html

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 5:58 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Even without reading the article there's a lot to write home about here the touch screen (if skinable) covers all the customising that a user needs.
I'd have kept the above pad sliders as is but included 4 encoders up top for fx.

So how do I win one?

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 7:26 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
kradcliffe wrote :
No EQ on the mic input. Shame.

Route the mic via a deck.

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 7:27 pm
You can't. It's hardware, directly routed to the master out.

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 7:51 pm

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 8:55 pm
In his article, Mark Settle (djworx) says "I hardly know one DJ who is a proud VirtualDJ user".

Perhaps you'd all care to venture over to djworx and show him how many of us are using VDJ? :-)

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 9:32 pm
Groovindj, I wouldn't waste my time. He needs to venture out of the same circles more. Since he only hang out with proctologist, he only sees a lot of ..........let's just say rectums and anuses to keep it clean. These snobs are set in their ways, we should not care what they think. I actually make more money at my club than the users of the Serato, but it has nothing to do with the software that I use. I'm just a much better DJ.

Mensajes Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 10:21 pm
9%