Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Does it worth it purchasing a controller if not interested in EDM music?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello! Beginner with very little experience here! I was thinking about purchasing a controller (most likely Pioneer DDJ-SB2) but all the tutorial videos and guides I've checked out focus on EDM mixing. I'm in real need of upgrading my mixing skills and transition techniques but I'm not particularly interested in EDM, I mostly play oldschool hip hop, funk, soul, reggae, trip hop, latin as well as electronic music based on these genres. So, does it worth it for someone like me to purchase a controller?

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 2:52 pm
I would say that if you want to do any kind of software based "live" mixing (as in what a DJ does) you will benefit from a controller
It doesn't matter which kind of music
You can get away with using the keyboard and mouse, but's its a lot harder to do

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 3:06 pm
A controller opens up a lot of possibilities. It helps you perform better, more control of things, loops, cues, effects...
And most of them includes a audio interface which is far better than built in audio interface in PC.
I was actually using keyboard and mouse when I started hundred years ago, but could never go back to this.

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 4:54 pm
I would say this is an excellent controller for you. I mix everything, except EDM (I stop playing EDM almost two years ago). It's great for a beginner, but will also allow you to expand when you get better. No, it does not have everything, but enough good features that I use one. Small size, onboard sound card, great price point, and one of my favorites, no AC adapter. It's powered via USB. I am only recommending this controller, because you are already interested, and I own one. There are other controllers out there, but it will ultimately be your choice, good luck.

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 7:09 am
Controllers are key if you wish to get a good workflow in your sets. I think as soon as you start mixing with one, you will not look back.

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 8:19 am
Do they work with bluetooth speakers?

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 12:22 pm
FursaPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I never mix EDM music - a mixer gives you much greater control over the VDJ software.

With that being said - if you have no issues mixing now with VDJ without a controller - you can likely get away with a budget controller of $100 or less.

On the other hand - if you can memorize all of this - https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%208%20Default%20Keyboard%20Mapping.html - maybe you can get away without having a controller. ;)

My advice: Get a basic controller - advance your mixing skills.

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 4:35 pm
FursaPRO InfinityMember since 2015
user16619976 wrote :
Do they work with bluetooth speakers?

Not sure if you are being serious or not but I'll give you a serious answer. Latency with bluetooth is horrible. Even on the good side - you may have 1-2 second delays between what you hear on your headphones and whats on the bluetooth speaker.

However, if you wanted VDJ to work with a bluetooth speaker you simply set your audio to bluetooth like any other device. It has nothing to do with the controller. Alternatively - you can connect a bluetooth transmitter if you wanted your controller soundcard to control the bluetooth output instead.

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 4:40 pm
themak85 wrote :
I never mix EDM music - a mixer gives you much greater control over the VDJ software.

With that being said - if you have no issues mixing now with VDJ without a controller - you can likely get away with a budget controller of $100 or less.

On the other hand - if you can memorize all of this - https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%208%20Default%20Keyboard%20Mapping.html - maybe you can get away without having a controller. ;)

My advice: Get a basic controller - advance your mixing skills.

LMFAO!!!!! Controller All The Way and Agreed

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 5:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)