Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Auto MP3 file renaming - HELP!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi Guys,

Going thru my MP3s today I noticed that some albums that I have ripped from CD I have not got either the artist name. This is a obviously an issue because when I search for songs by an artist even though I have the track in the library it doesn't return in a search.

Is there some magical software that will analyse an MP3 collection and pull the correct details from the internet and then rename them accordingly?

I like my tracks labelled as follows:

Track Name - Artist Name.mp3

Or have I gotta get all my old CD's out the loft and re-rip them this time taking care to do it properly!??

Many thanks

Phil

Mensajes Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 12:32 pm
AFAIK MediaMonkey allows for auto-tagging. MusicBee (my choice for local music DB management) also has auto-tagging but it didn't work well enough for me (though my music library is very messy and thus hard to tag).

Basically any application that advertises auto-tagging should get you in the right direction.

EDIT: If the artist is always in the filename, use mp3tag and use a filter to extract the artist name information and write it to the artist ID3 tag. This is probably a lot easier, quicker and more effective.

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 1:43 am
Is there any software that sorts out tags for virtual dj, Some of my songs are perfect ect Artist Trackname but den others are all over the place. any help is so gratefull.

Mensajes Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 11:21 pm
DjBertie1234 wrote :
Is there any software that sorts out tags for virtual dj, Some of my songs are perfect ect Artist Trackname but den others are all over the place. any help is so gratefull.

be more precise about what you need.

Mensajes Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 3:13 pm
You could try discogs which is in the tag to the right of the filename at the bottom. There's a small menu there that you click on with a selection to update your tags from the discogs website, obviously you need an internet connection. However, I will say it usually works using the Artist and Title for the search, if they are blank it's unlikely to work. You can also highlight a bunch of files and do them in a batch process. It's not perfect and may come back with no results, just depends what it can find. Worth trying though.

Cheers
Les

Mensajes Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 4:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)