Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 w/ VDJ?

Mensajes Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 11:19 pm
It's fully compatible as far as I know. Mine works just fine with VDJ. Some stuff like the Flip feature might not work since it's a Serato only feature, but everything else seems to work just fine.
Download VDJ and try it out for yourself.

Mensajes Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 12:10 am
enoch861 wrote :
It's fully compatible as far as I know. Mine works just fine with VDJ. Some stuff like the Flip feature might not work since it's a Serato only feature, but everything else seems to work just fine.
Download VDJ and try it out for yourself.

Thank you. I'm buying it tomorrow. I appreciate the response.

Mensajes Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 1:38 am
For anyone else interested, The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 works flawlessly with VDJ.
I plugged in the controller to my Mac Air, started VDJ, and a pop up notification said "VDJ detected a new controller that has already been mapped to work with VDJ". Then it asked if I would like to use their default settings for it? I clicked yes.
Done. Works perfect. I love the pads and the feel of the wheels compared to my VS2. Theres really no comparison. And the custom flight case will save me set up/break down time, and as most know, that is very important at the end of the night.

Thanks to enoch861 above for his personal user testimony, and VDJ Customer Support/Tech assistance for recommending the controller and informing me the transition would be fast and easy on my end.

I also got the install of Serato DJ included. I installed it and am Analyzing all my songs now. Its nice to have both as a back up if anything were to happen. But after using it a bit, I like the layout/functionality of VDJ more. Jmho.

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 17 @ 2:17 am
There's ONE problem with VDJ 8 and DDJ-SX2. If you barely touch the trim knobs (gain knobs) at the top of each channel, the volume adjusts dramatically. It jumps. I have read other threads about this issue and I haven't seen a solution posted. If this gets resolved, I'd jump from Serato to VDJ in a second because I LOVE the features of Virtual DJ.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 1:03 pm
For as the knobs jumping, here's sort of a solution. Go to settings, and under "Controllers" look for "ControllerTakeoverMode". Try "Pickup" (stays at "ghost" location until to move to current location) or "Gradual" (it gradually moves to the current location).

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 4:18 pm
skyzo76PRO InfinityMember since 2016
anyone try 2 sx2 with vdj?

Mensajes Fri 11 Dec 20 @ 10:02 pm
i have used all the pioneers. I use to work at the dealer. It is unreal how much you can stack together. wait till you try to deck separately. We did dj vs dj a long time ago.. one controller deck 1 and 2 the second uses 3 and 4 .

Mensajes Fri 25 Dec 20 @ 9:05 pm
That's interesting about the control takeover suggestion. Bought a used unit, and one issue I have had from the start is my volume. The main volume knob has to be at least nine o'clock before you really start to hear any sound. Then when you go turn it up a bit, it's very jumpy and gets too loud, not a smooth gradual increase in volume, could this be a settings issue or I just bought a crappy unit?

Mensajes Mon 19 Jun 23 @ 3:30 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's a hardware only dial so a HW issue.

you could leave the hw dial full and control master volume with the SW master dial.

Mensajes Mon 19 Jun 23 @ 4:11 pm