Forum: General Discussion

Discussions about VirtualDJ, and about DJing in general

Forum Guidelines
If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
(*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Tema: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 w/ VDJ?

Mensajes Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 11:19 pm
It's fully compatible as far as I know. Mine works just fine with VDJ. Some stuff like the Flip feature might not work since it's a Serato only feature, but everything else seems to work just fine.
Download VDJ and try it out for yourself.

Mensajes Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 12:10 am
enoch861 wrote :
It's fully compatible as far as I know. Mine works just fine with VDJ. Some stuff like the Flip feature might not work since it's a Serato only feature, but everything else seems to work just fine.
Download VDJ and try it out for yourself.

Thank you. I'm buying it tomorrow. I appreciate the response.

Mensajes Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 1:38 am
For anyone else interested, The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 works flawlessly with VDJ.
I plugged in the controller to my Mac Air, started VDJ, and a pop up notification said "VDJ detected a new controller that has already been mapped to work with VDJ". Then it asked if I would like to use their default settings for it? I clicked yes.
Done. Works perfect. I love the pads and the feel of the wheels compared to my VS2. Theres really no comparison. And the custom flight case will save me set up/break down time, and as most know, that is very important at the end of the night.

Thanks to enoch861 above for his personal user testimony, and VDJ Customer Support/Tech assistance for recommending the controller and informing me the transition would be fast and easy on my end.

I also got the install of Serato DJ included. I installed it and am Analyzing all my songs now. Its nice to have both as a back up if anything were to happen. But after using it a bit, I like the layout/functionality of VDJ more. Jmho.

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 17 @ 2:17 am
There's ONE problem with VDJ 8 and DDJ-SX2. If you barely touch the trim knobs (gain knobs) at the top of each channel, the volume adjusts dramatically. It jumps. I have read other threads about this issue and I haven't seen a solution posted. If this gets resolved, I'd jump from Serato to VDJ in a second because I LOVE the features of Virtual DJ.

Mensajes 6 days ago @ 1:03 pm
For as the knobs jumping, here's sort of a solution. Go to settings, and under "Controllers" look for "ControllerTakeoverMode". Try "Pickup" (stays at "ghost" location until to move to current location) or "Gradual" (it gradually moves to the current location).

Mensajes 6 days ago @ 4:18 pm